Diabetic Friendly Chocolate Or Brownie Cupcake

Baking By Naty Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 12:57am by elliebuff

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 6

Does anyone have a recipe for either of these they are willing to share?

Thanks,
Naty

5 replies
elliebuff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliebuff Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 1:28am
post #2 of 6

I don't know how helpful this will be, since it isn't really a diabetic-endorsed recipe, but this is what I do for dessert with relatives who have diabetes and/or are trying to watch their diet:

I take a chocolate cake mix and use that combined with 12 oz. of diet coke (or diet pepsi). I use that to replace the oil and eggs that usually go into the cake...so just the cake mix and the soda. Bake as the box directs. It's really moist (my family actually requests I do the "soda cake" instead of "regular cake" because they like it much better) and nobody knows it is a slimmed down version of a cake mix unless I tell them.

So I'm not sure how much it helps with blood sugar, but it's a nice dessert without the fat and calories of the regular recipe on the box, which helps in general.

I hope you get more responses...I could always use more recipes for family gatherings!!

Naty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naty Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 12:04am
post #3 of 6

Hey, I remember that recipe from my Weight Watcher's class!! It is definately low points. Thank you!!!

Naty

elliebuff Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 12:10am
post #4 of 6

That's where I learned it!! icon_smile.gif Weight watchers has been the only thing that really worked for me...I have been doing the point system for almost 11 years.

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 12:37am
post #5 of 6

Have you tried the Black Bean Brownies recipe yet?

Puree one can Bush's Black beans and add to a box of the low-fat brownie mix. Add nothing else, and bake according to the box directions. High fiber and low fat. I use it for WW all the time...well within reason.

I know..you are thinking YUCK!! NO WAY! I promise, you won't taste the beans.

elliebuff Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 12:57am
post #6 of 6

I have and you're right--can't taste them!!!

Another quick one (sorry to go off track, since this isn't cake!) is a double chocolate muffin--chocolate cake mix, six tablespoons of the little chocolate chips, one of the small cans of pumpkin. Mix, bake according to cupcake instructions. I make them in the little muffin pans and they come out to a point or two a piece and they are really substantial. I *love* them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%