How Far In Advance Can You Make Rkt Skulpture?

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 2:14am by madgeowens

madgeowens Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:14pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know how far in advance you can make something out of rkt? If you refrigerate it does it last longer? tia

5 replies
Deb_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 6

Do you want to eat it?

Reason I ask....I made my SIL a RKT teapot covered in fondant for her 60th b-day in March of 2009. I was at their house on New Years Day and she had it on her kitchen table as a centerpiece.

It STILL looked perfect, I couldn't believe it held up through the summer in an "un" air-conditioned house.

So if you don't care about eating the piece, you can make it WAY ahead of time and it will be fine.

madgeowens Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:35pm
post #3 of 6

Actually they have little kids and if the birthday boy lets them I think they will devour it, so I would go on the assumption they will eat poor elmo haha....

Deb_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:50pm
post #4 of 6

lol oh ok in that case I'd say 1 least we've eaten them after 1 week and they were still good.

I've never refrigerated RKT....I'm not sure how the humidity from the fridge would effect the cereal.

BillieH Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 12:00am
post #5 of 6

So glad to see this post. I was hoping to do a rkt in advance in about a week and I was wondering the same thing. Although I am pretty sure mine wont be eaten. I'm going to attempt to make a tunnel for a Thomas cake. icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 2:14am
post #6 of 6

oh what a great idea, that will be so cute.....ok thanks I will hold off a bit then

Quote by @%username% on %date%