Thanks To The Usps...

Decorating By Kellbella Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 9:10pm by just_for_fun

Kellbella Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 16

I'm out $150.00!! Just wanted to vent about a package that is lost somewhere between Texas and Indiana...it has $150.00 worth of fondant pearls that I orderd for a cake that was due on 1-2-10. Needless to say..I'm still waiting for them. They were shipped out on 12-18 by (3-day shipping) but have yet to make it to my mailbox!! I have never ordered a product and not received it!! I am praying that they eventually show up icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

15 replies
cakedesigner59 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 16

I can't help you, other than to say I feel bad! I hope you get it worked out. Did you have to end up making the pearls yourself? sounds like a big job!

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 16

I totally understand! I ordered something that was shipped the 7th of december and still not received. The seller asked the USPS who said that it could take up to 90 days if it is stuck in Canadian customs. She had already shipped out replacements, but I told her to watch the USPS< becaus I work for a customs broker here in canada, and postal shipments usually take no more than a week to clear.

Kellbella Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedesigner59

I can't help you, other than to say I feel bad! I hope you get it worked out. Did you have to end up making the pearls yourself? sounds like a big job!

Yes, thank God I had a mold, so it didn't take too long to make them, but they are stil M.I.A.

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 2:27am
post #5 of 16

The company you ordered from should give you a refund, unless you still need the pearls. You might consider calling them first thing tomorrow and let them know you don't have your order yet. They can then deal with getting a refund from he USPS on their shipping charges. If you do want to keep the pearls, then at least have them refund you for the extra you paid for the expedited shipping.

icingimages Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 2:31am
post #6 of 16

Did you make an insurance claim on it? I ship items all over the world and the only thing I will use USPS for is APO's. They kept loosing packages or long delays, like for months before a package would arrive. It took 1 year for one of my claims to clear once and it was so cut and dry it was funny. I dont ever think I had seen a damaged box that messed up before. Than once I shipped a package to Columbia South America and it went by way of Columbia Canada. Fedex and UPS rock. I had Fedex contact me once when they damaged a box in transit, before it ever even got to the customer. They made the claim and I had the check within 2 weeks. Oh, and if you ever ship anything to Europe or China, Fedex has a great rates number that you can call and if you give them the size weight and day you want to ship it, you can get up to 80% off. You can call fedex for the number.
As for the post office, there is a customer relations number out of Virginia. You have to really give them a hard time before they give you the number, but they help move things. Good luck

dldbrou Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 2:50am
post #7 of 16

The place that you ordered it from should be able to track the package. All they have to do is call the USPS and give them the shipping label tracking number or go online and track it. They can even give you the tracking number and you can follow up.

I just received a package that I ordered Dec 14 and it arrived today. What is so strange is I ordered box's from USPS to be sent to me and they took that long to get their own package to me. Their excuse was it was the holidays.

cathyscakes Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:17am
post #8 of 16

Yes, you can definitely track the package. One time I ordered a cell phone off of ebay, and It took 3 weeks to arrive. I could track it on u.p.s. and I could see it sitting in california for over a week. They never explained this, but it does happen.

madgeowens Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:32am
post #9 of 16

Exactly, ans these same people want to take over health care? pulease

JanJess Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:49am
post #10 of 16

Be sure and call them...I had ordered something for my daughter for Christmas on 12/2 and it still hadn't arrived, so after Christmas I called and the guy said "it's sitting right here on the shelf, don't know why it didn't get mailed and the person is on vacation". Maybe it never left there! The man was nice enought to send it out priority and I got it the next day.

madgeowens Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 5:26am
post #11 of 16

I always try and use UPS instead of the United States Post Office. Especially if its very important icon_smile.gif

JustToEatCake Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 5:27am
post #12 of 16

Call the place your ordered from and if they didn't insure it then if you put it on your credit card just dispute it. It's very easy and you'll get your $ back. I had to do this twice.

Chippi Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 5:47am
post #13 of 16

Unreal! We just found out tonight that UPS lost a package for my daughter that was worth $115.00. They even said they delivered it @ 8:19pm, funny thing was we were all home relaxing watching a movie and even our dog hears our doorbell if we don't. I also lost a package thru USPS this Christmas that the person did not receive it was baked goods. I am really getting fed up with USPS and UPS. No more package mailing for me.

Chippi

Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 1:08pm
post #14 of 16

I have only had to instances with UPS..Once the driver was new and didn't know the area and delivered to the wrong house...I literally found him on the street and asked "Do you have a package for so and so at such a place" and he checked his clipboard and said "I already delivered it...I said "No you didn't and he looked and realized it was to the wrong house so he bolted back and got it....I was miffed....and the second was again to the wrong house and the home owner brought it over and dropped it off..I phoned and complained and told them they need to be more careful and accurate.

Rusti Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:51pm
post #15 of 16

I sent a package with USPS Priority before Christmas and the pearls earrings were stolen from the box but the cleaning cloth left in an delivered. My friend was very confused I'm just p####. Of course I'm replacing them but the Post Office does not seem concerned. No more business with them.

just_for_fun Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 9:10pm
post #16 of 16

I ordered something in the beginning of December, twice the USPS sent it back cause "undeliverable at this address". They deliver my bills here, and I get packages here very often, I don't know what they have against delivering this specific package. These were aile items, and they are out of stock now!! And another store that had if for the same price is also sold out...

Agree about the healthcare. Oh well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%