I Can't Get Smooth Fbct - How To Get Rid Of The Lines??

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 10:43pm by threeforhim

ZlatkaT Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:52pm
post #1 of 3

After I put the FBCT on my cake, I see the "fill lines", I try to smooth with Viva paper, but I never get a good result. Am I using wrong tip or technique for the filling the space when I pipe the image? Would star tip be better? I just do zig zag with large round tip (I think #5 of bigger).
I reaaly woul like clean image.

Now, I got better result using chocolate transfer, but I don't like when the image don't blend with the cake, in case my cake is not 100% level, you know what I mean BC when soften blend with the cake.

2 replies
TexasSugar Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 3

For me I use a medium thin icing. I also try to keep the tip buried in icing, so that the icing builds out around it, rather than making lines.

After I put it in the freezer to firm it up I will also flip it over and rub my finger over the top of it to help smooth out lines then freeze it some more before putting it on the cake.

threeforhim Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 3

I go over mine, sometimes after each color and sometimes after it's all finished. I use a toothpick to sort of smash around on the icing. It helps flatten everything out and make sure it's in all the corners, too. Lay your toothpick sort of side ways, almost parallel to the transfer as you do this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%