How To Make Fondant Body

Decorating By Edee Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 9:45pm by icer101

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 3

Does anyone have or know of a good video or good directions for making a fondant woman? I really need a pregnant woman but any help in the right direction would help. THanks in advance.

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 3

Lorraine McKay makes wonderful fondant people, and has online tutorials that you can purchase http://www.extraicing.co.uk/#/online-tutorials/4530759830

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 3

check out the polymer clay sections at hobby shops.. their books are great.. then there are people molds.. when i make the upper body. i make the body into a sorta triangle shape.. the smaller of course being the waist.. the larger side.. being where i attach the head and arms.. put a peice of speghetti thru the body with some sticking out the top.. make the head and attach to this peice of speghetti.. use a ball tool.. make indent when arms go.. put in a little peice of speghetti.. with some glue on it. make arms and attach them like you want them to be.. also when you put head on ..i make a little indent .. before i put the speghetti thru the body for the head. when i make the head.. i form a neck also.. so that fits right into the indent. hope i am making sense. in my pics. you will see several cakes with people on them.. the ace of cake cakes. the country wedding, etc.. hope i have helped you.. for the body .i learned this a different fondant and g/p modeling classes..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%