Fbct - Question

Decorating By kirigami Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 9:20pm by SuzyNoQ

kirigami Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 3

I love doing FBCT but whenever I do them they end up looking too thick. They look more like a plaque that has been placed on top of the cake. I have tried doing the entire surface of the cake as a transfer but then have this edge to the top of the cake that is difficult to cover. When I look at the many FBCT on this site they look so smooth, they seem to be a part of the cake surface and not sit on top of it.

Can anyone offer me any suggestions. I have to do a Scooby-Doo transfer for this Saturday. Would a chocolate transfer be easier to work with, they seem thinner? I have never done one but I am curious.

Thanks everybody
icon_cry.gif

2 replies
Win Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 3

I actually like that they sit up like a plaque, and if you Google there are loads of great tutorials. That being said, I'd say you can eliminate the plaque look by filling your entire surrounding area with bc and freezing that as well. Then you'd turn the whole thing over on top of your cake. If you are making a 9x13, you'd fill the entire surface of your work piece to make it 9x13. Does that make sense?

SuzyNoQ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:20pm
post #3 of 3

You could put a border or outline around it. I have only done 1 so far but I liked how thick it was. Maybe smaller tips will make it thinner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%