How To Increase Your Blog Visitors

Lounge By towncrierbakery Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 3:57am by cheatize

towncrierbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
towncrierbakery Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 5

Does any body have any suggestion on increasing viewership on your blogs. thanks icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:34pm
post #2 of 5

The link to your blog is barely noticeable on your site. Make a tab just for it, OR bold and make it a different color font.

Set up a signature link in your email, so everytime you email a client, there is a link to it.

Become a follower to other blogs, leave comments on their blogs, and you'll see traffic increase.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:17am
post #3 of 5

Jamie did better than I did...I couldn't find your blog link from your website...actually had to google your blog to find it, with that said....

I am not a blogger or blog follower but I do like blogs...here is what interests me : (ones that I will bookmark and go back to periodically)

A blog should not be a repeat of your business website per se. Of course you want to showcase your creativity, talents and products...but it can also be a place let your potential customers know you a little better, understand your passion for what you do (see bakerella's blog..perfect example).

I like information...tutorials, recipes, pictures etc...those will keep me coming back to a blog. Maybe post some recipes (nothing that is a big money maker for you) just something easy peasy

Also just a thought , If you don't already have one, creating a fan page on facebook (and an advertisement if you can afford it). I have a friend who has had an etsy site for over a year and not a single order...I posted her etsy site on my facebook and bang within a week she got three orders...friends of friends see these posts.

anyway just my take...goodies look yummy

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:21am
post #4 of 5

Yeah, what I like to do with mine, is keep it cake related (duh). BUT, it's where I congratulate the couple that I made the cake from, give some background, include some "in progress" or pictures that inspired the cake. If a good friend or relative had a b-day or special occasion, I'll feature them, in a short little blurb along with the cake I made. Makes it personal, puts faces to the cakes, makes it....more real? Rather than just: here's the cakes, they cost this much. Blah.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:57am
post #5 of 5

Put the links in all your online signatures.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%