The Scammers Are Back

Business By costumeczar Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 1:35pm by springlakecake

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 54

They're apparently trying to start making the rounds again. This time they're not using the "Happy Married Life" line. If anmyone gets this or something similar and is wondering if it's for real or not, it's a scam:

Here are some info about the cake i want to bake from you i will like you to bake me a chocolate or a strawberry cake of 5 tier that can serve approximately 250 guest or more, and I want the cake to be decorated with pink roses and the cake should be covered in fondant or butter cream and let there be an inscription be writing on one of the cake as (Bill wed Kimberly) and i want you to pack them in different boxes after ready for pick up. And I want you to have the cake ready for pick-up on 22nd of January 2010, 11 o clock A.M. So let me know if you can fill in the date, once i have your reply i will forward all the details and the picture sample of the cake i will like you to bake for me. I await your reply soon.

Thanks and God bless.

Bill.

53 replies
Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 54

I sure hope Bill isn't in charge of teaching the kids grammer, and spelling.

Mike

costumeczar Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 54

I dont know what you mean mike i cant see anything wrong with the letter and i think it is very nice to have the offer to bake a cake of 5 tier to give me opportunity to make wedding cake for 250 guest or more.

littlejewel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlejewel Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:43pm
post #4 of 54

ha ha, The grammer is bad. ending the letter with god bless lets you know this person is trying scam you.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 54

the scammers LOVE strawberry cake! HA HA HA

Anira72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anira72 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:05pm
post #6 of 54

I have never heard of anything like this. How terrible.

costumeczar Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

the scammers LOVE strawberry cake! HA HA HA

They do love that strawberry cake for some reason!

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:08pm
post #8 of 54

Oh yeah, as soon as I see strawberry....my hackles go up. Who the hell asks for strawberry anyways?

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 54

It doesn't sound like English is the native language of the scammer. I'm sure this isn't a newsflash to anyone though. LOL

_Jamie_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:15pm
post #10 of 54

Wherever they are, they go to a site like BabelFish, and type in what they are requesting in their language. They hit translate to English, and this is what you see. They don't think it sounds funny, because the translation thingy tells them it's correct.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out it's a shady proposition.

Unfortunately, people are falling for it, because well....it hasn't gone away.

Danielle1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle1218 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:18pm
post #11 of 54

I agree with Mike.....that grammar is awful.

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:32pm
post #12 of 54

So, are you going to make the cake? icon_razz.gif

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm
post #13 of 54

My favorite thing to do is lead them on and waste their time. Go along with it right up to the part about sending you the money...

These jerks almost ripped my cousin off for $2300. If not for me telling him it was a scam they would have succeeded.

They remind me of the parasitic scum that write virus programs.

So yes, I take the time to make them unhappy and then I forward everything to the police icon_biggrin.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:38pm
post #14 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiesofthehouse

My favorite thing to do is lead them on and waste their time. Go along with it right up to the part about sending you the money...

These jerks almost ripped my cousin off for $2300. If not for me telling him it was a scam they would have succeeded.

So yes, I take the time to make them unhappy and then I forward everything to the police icon_biggrin.gif

How far down the rabbit hole do you want to go? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif http://www.thescambaiter.com/

This place is so fun! icon_twisted.gif

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:46pm
post #15 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Jamie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiesofthehouse

How far down the rabbit hole do you want to go? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif http://www.thescambaiter.com/

This place is so fun! icon_twisted.gif

Oh gosh--ANOTHER favorite site to bookmark--thanks! thumbs_up.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:49pm
post #16 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I dont know what you mean mike i cant see anything wrong with the letter and i think it is very nice to have the offer to bake a cake of 5 tier to give me opportunity to make wedding cake for 250 guest or more.

ROTFLMAO!!! icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:14pm
post #17 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

ROTFLMAO!!! icon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor is to be finding my question to be funny? am i a clown for the happy amusement of the 250 guest or more? i think that i am maybe to be insulted for the strawberry cake request in separate boxes.

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:20pm
post #18 of 54

icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif Now your just trying to get me to pee on myself!

_Jamie_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:23pm
post #19 of 54

Dear Bill:

Please to forgive the censeless comments from my ASS-ociate LaBella. She means to no harm, she is just jealous that she does not to get wonderful eggsiting requests like yours. I would be more to happy to accoomodate your reasona-BULL request for strawbeey cake. I can box them to you in 6 boxes if you like, and will do this at no charge as my husband brings home boxes from work, and thereto doesn't cost me anything in money. My credit card number is ou81244448888 and please charge me whatever you feel is reasona-BULL for me to make this cake to you.

May you to be forunate and blessed in your life. Happy Marriage.

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:28pm
post #20 of 54

icon_lol.gif OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Didn't I tell you before you are just a mess Jamie!!! icon_lol.gif

_Jamie_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:31pm
post #21 of 54

icon_biggrin.gif That was pretty dern funny, that was!

Love2BakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Love2BakeCakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:41pm
post #22 of 54

Jamie

Your response is HILARIOUS! I cannot stop laughing!

_Jamie_ Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm
post #23 of 54

Well honestly! I don't know why some people have to be so uppity. Give the man his damn strawberry cake, and pay him for your time as well!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

costumeczar Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:46pm
post #24 of 54

I will send the cakes using my famous styroplosion reticulating plastic boxes.

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:54pm
post #25 of 54

LOL!!! Something is really wrong with you and Jamie. All we need is for Mike to get on his full role and I will definetly be peeing on myself!

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:09pm
post #26 of 54

I forget to tell you my coriuor will be picking up cake. It is refidgertated truck so cake no melt. This will make my married life verry happy. I am also sending a money transfer for 8707.00 you keep your tip and give coriuor the rest this will be his payment. Plese include the following imfornation. I need this for money transfer.

Nmae:
Date birth:
Address:
Sicial security #
Phone number#

Thanks you verry much this will make my married lfe happy.
Bill

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm
post #27 of 54

I will pray for all of you!!!! icon_lol.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm
post #28 of 54

And man, I would love to see you converse with a scammer!

costumeczar Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:52pm
post #29 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

And man, I would love to see you converse with a scammer!

Ha, you should see some of the letters I've written to these guys! Sometimes we've gone back and forth about ten times before I tell them that payment has to be in advance and in cash, then they stop writing to me for some reason icon_wink.gif

They'll even reply if you write "suck it, scammer" and send that to them! They're really friendly and enjoy correspondence. icon_rolleyes.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:55pm
post #30 of 54

Oh yeah, I've told them "May God have mercy on your soul seeing as how you are going to be burning in hell for trying to steal people's money". I've only ever got one response. The guy said he didn't understand what I was talking about as he is a good person just trying to help. Whatever!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%