I Need A Lesson On Storing Liquid Coffee Creamers

Decorating By ckckhome Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 1:44am by ckckhome

ckckhome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckckhome Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:25pm
post #1 of 5

Each year Coffeemate and International Delight come out with good flavors I love to use creamer in cakes, frosting and now I am loving the cake ball craze. I just love the seasonal flavors Peppermint, Pumpkin Spice etc., How long are u storing them in your freezer? After thawing will the liquid be watery or will it maintain will the flavor remain the same. Are you using a special container to store the creamers in or just using a ziplock bag. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 5

I'm right there with ya on the holiday flavors. I've never frozen them, but I have kept them in the fridge, unopened, for several months and they were STILL good! That must mean there's lots of preservatives in them, but I didn't care - they were still delicous!

I wonder if you could freeze them in ice cube trays, wrapped tightly so they don't pull in any other odors from the freezer, then just pop a few out when you need them???

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 5

Could you freeze them in ice cube trays then transfer to freezer zip lock bags? That way you could just take out a few as needed.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 5

Ziplock the creamer and wrap it with a paper towel and place in into another Ziploc and sprinkle a little baking soda in the outer bag and seal it up. The backing soda and paper towel will absorb the fridge and freezer odors and you creamer will be good. I hate fridge smell but always keep onions and pepper and salad stuff, grilled chiken left overs all in the same fridge as chocolate and icings with out an issue bagging it up like this for a long storage.

ckckhome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckckhome Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5

Great information Thank you fellow CCers
Sadsmile I am off to the store to purchase some creamers and ziplock bags Thank you

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%