How Do I Pipe This Design

Baking By bstajcic Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 8:03am by Elise87

bstajcic Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:50am
post #1 of 14

Cant work out how to pipe this design???? Need help in making this design. Can anyone help describe what to do?

13 replies
bstajcic Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:53am
post #2 of 14

cant seem to upload the photo, does anyone know how to upload a photo

Elise87 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:18am
post #3 of 14

click the add attachment button just up to the left of the preview/submit buttons on the page where you type a reply. Also make sure it is a jpeg and not too big a file otherwise it won't load icon_smile.gif

bstajcic Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:49am
post #5 of 14

thanks so much for helping!!

Elise87 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 11:01am
post #6 of 14

hmm i think it uses just one giant big tip in an o motion but not sure what tip sorry.

If you don't mind can i add a question to yours about those cupcakes? lol I have been trying to find out what those flowers are called just like the ones on those cupcakes and is there a cutter i can buy for them?

Sorry for butting in on your post icon_redface.gif

CandyCU Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:34pm
post #7 of 14

Hi, I think the piping is just a big star tip, not a metal Wilton tip, but a big plastic pastry star tip.

Yes, I've made those flowers using a 5 petal blossom cutter and a two piece blossom veiner then a dot of RI in the centre. I bought mine in Australia from
- hey! you're in luck at Blossom Sugar Art - they're on sale!!!


vickymacd Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:49pm
post #8 of 14

If I'm looking at it right, it's the 1M tip. It's a big one. And the swirl is just one swirl around the cupcake. I use this tip often and depending on how you twist your wrist, you can make it look like roses too! I may have some cupcakes using it in my gallery. Just ones where I was playing with the tip. it's super easy and impressive tip.

janeoxo Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 1:00pm
post #9 of 14

I agree with Vicky it does look like the 1M but any large star tip will produce that, like the ones for meringue or potato. As mentioned it is just one quick swirl round the cupcake, quick and easy to produce.

egensinnig Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 1:06pm
post #10 of 14

Looks more like 1G tip or other supersize open star tip.
The flower cutters can often be bought together with the veiner. 3 or 5 different sizes in a kit.

vickymacd Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 1:17pm
post #11 of 14

Just as an added note to my above post, when you are trying to make this type of swirl, you don't move your whole arm. You only move your wrist around. This one looks like it starts in the center, goes down to the bottom, up around the right and then finishes up.

Good Luck!

bstajcic Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 1:54pm
post #12 of 14

thanks so much everyone. I will give it a go and let you know!!

cylstrial Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:27pm
post #13 of 14

Those are gorgeous cupcakes! I really like them!!

Elise87 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 8:03am
post #14 of 14

thanks for the help CandyCU!

Quote by @%username% on %date%