Have You Seen This Cake?

Decorating By Sagebrush Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 12:46pm by Kiddiekakes

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 4:02am
post #1 of 3

I've been asked to help with a wedding style cake, and I had one in mind I wanted to suggest... but for the life of me I can't find it, and I've looked until my eyes hurt, so I'm hoping someone else can help me.

If I'm remembering the details right, the cake I'm looking for was:

ivory colored
round
the tops of the tiers were sharp, not rounded

and the main feature... the part that drew me to the cake so much was that at the junction between each of the tiers, there was a scattering of different sized (gold I think) dragees... a little bit up the side and a little ways across the top.

there may have been ribbon around each tier, but I can't remember for sure, and so I really can't remember what color they might have been.

I also can't remember if there were flowers or if so, what color they might have been.

I'm also thinking that the picture may not have been posted in the galleries here, but may have been on flickr or a business website whose link I followed from here.

So, I don't know if anyone can even picture what I'm talking about, but I sure hope someone recognizes it and can point me in the right direction. It looked so elegant, and was still something that I think I could achieve.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!

- Leisel

2 replies
Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 8:53am
post #2 of 3

I may have found the cake I was thinking of. It isn't 100% what I described, so I'm not sure if there's another one out there more like what I had in my head, but it certainly has the same feel to it:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/franjmc/3796747367/

Thanks for all those who peeked in hoping to help.

- Leisel

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:46pm
post #3 of 3

I beleive that person is a member here on CC!!Can't remember here bane though...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%