Looking For A Strawberry Buttercream Recipe

Baking By Thanksharla Updated 5 Jan 2010 , 11:46pm by bobwonderbuns

Thanksharla Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:22pm
post #1 of 6

My daughter's 2nd birthday is at the end of January. I am thinking of making a chocolate cake with strawberry buttercream. Sounds sooo yummy!

What I am looking for is an easy crusting strawberry buttercream recipe. Can anyone help me out?

(I did a search in the recipe section and didn't find anything.)

5 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 6

I would just take strawberries and pulse them in a food processor and add to a regular crusting buttercream recipe (there are lots of those available.) Mix well and decorate. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanksharla Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I would just take strawberries and pulse them in a food processor and add to a regular crusting buttercream recipe (there are lots of those available.) Mix well and decorate. icon_biggrin.gif

That's what I was thinking. Just not sure how well it would turn out. I guess I can experiment. I have a few weeks yet.

bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:30pm
post #4 of 6

Just make sure you drain any liquid from them or you'll get soup. Go ahead, ask me how I know this! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Thanksharla Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Just make sure you drain any liquid from them or you'll get soup. Go ahead, ask me how I know this! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Ok, how do you know this? icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:46pm
post #6 of 6

ha ha ha!! I KNEW you were going to ask that!! icon_lol.gif If you look in my pix, I did a three tiered square cake with moth orchids and fans some years ago and the client wanted a raspberry creme filling. Soooo, I thawed out my raspberries and pulsed them (without draining them) and threw it in the buttercream and it turned into a liquid and blew out the sides of the cake!! I was on a deadline for delivery so I just went ahead and scooped it off and restacked the cake and delivered it with the raspberry "sauce" on the side, and explained to the lady what happened (she's a friend of mine) and told her to ladle some raspberry sauce on the plate then put the cake over that (which they did) and all was well. Thank God!! icon_biggrin.gif Now go my child and learn from my mistakes! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%