Bridal Fair Help!!

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 9:40pm by kakeladi

MissRobin Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:48pm
post #1 of 3

Just wanted some input on what you all did for bridal fairs. I have my first one this weekend, and just a little nervous about what I should take. I have 3 dummy cakes made. Do you take a portfolio, or do a slideshow on laptop?? How about samples, Do you do them and if so, how many different flavors. I live in relatively small town and it is not a huge fair, but I wanted to get my name out there. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

2 replies
LisaMaeCakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 3

Three cakes - that's good. Not a bad idea to take your laptop. I did it once, but not that many people looked at it, they were anxious to visit all the vendors and keep moving after a few minutes of chatting. If your business card has your website they will take a look at it. I take 3 different cake samples. My almond pound cake, a chocolate w/chocolate ganache and something a little different like carrot, red velvet, lemon. I make in a sheet pan, chill it and cut into little squares w/a little dallop of frosting and put in individual mini cupcake cups and arrange attractively on tiered displays. Easy for them to pick up. Have napkins available. Also have a nice display card that in front of each sample naming what the flavor is.

kakeladi Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 3

There are a # of past posts w/lots of info if you search this site.
Samples depend on you HDept laws. I would do them if possible. Be sure to take along extra pr of shoes - you will be on your feet most of the time & changing shoes helpsicon_smile.gif
Having a helper is also a good idea. They can give out the samples while you talk to brides. If giving samples have napkins, forks and a trash can! Don't depend on venue for trash - take something even if a box lined w/plastic bag.And what she ^^^ said icon_smile.gif
My HD rules say samples must be in lidded cups. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%