Funny Story I Had To Share

Decorating By bea30 Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 3:04pm by cylstrial

bea30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bea30 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 9

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I had to share a funny story about the shoe and purse cake contest. I was looking at some of the cakes that won the contest and I showed my sister a photo of one of the cakes and she said "it is beautiful, but it is a knock-off...how disappointing." She knew it was a knockoff purse but she didn't realize it was actually a cake! We had a pretty good laugh...that is a sign of a really good cake. ha.

8 replies
jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:00pm
post #2 of 9

The ultimate compliment.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 9

I agree! princess.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:40am
post #4 of 9

Funny.. I don't understand how someone can tell the real deal from the knock off. What are the tell tale signs???

bea30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bea30 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 1:25am
post #5 of 9

She says the signs are in the hardware on the purse and in the sheen/color of the hardware and the leather....I have no idea. I buy my purses at Target.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:18am
post #6 of 9

That is funny! I'm with you. I've never paid more than $50 for a purse and that one was a big splurge.

Lelka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lelka Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 6:43am
post #7 of 9

Now I am curious which cake was that icon_smile.gif Could you share?

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 9

Yeah I am with you. I have carried the same little leather clutch bag for 6 years and it was only $15 at Ross or somewhere like that. Now where we have moved everyone and their daughter are toting around their Coach and Louis Vuitton and who knows what else they are because I can not recognize them. I have looked on line at gently used bags but I don't want to spend $50-$70 on a knock off only to get snickered at. icon_redface.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:04pm
post #9 of 9

LOL! Somebody must have made a pretty darn good cake for her to have thought it was a real purse! Wow!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%