I Won The Cake Safe!!!!!!

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 1:56pm by KHalstead

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:47pm
post #31 of 48

GOD is Good, GOD is Good,
Congratulations on winning the cake safe.
Sorry you had that disaster.
Did you have to refund all of the money back to the bride?
And Did I say God is Good.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:03pm
post #32 of 48

The bride didn't ask for any type of a refund because they were still able to serve all of the cake except for a 4" tier that fell on the ground........but I gave her the full cost of the tiered cake back, the only thing she wound up paying for was the kitchen cake which I gave to her at half off. I also gave her a 25% off coupon for a future order with me and remade a mini replica of her wedding cake on her one yr. anniversary. She called to use the 25% off coupon for an anniversary cake (the 4" tier was to be the anniversary cake) so I took her order for a simple 6" round cake with no decorations and then surprised her with a miniature replica of her 4 tiered cake. She was so excited.

Honestly, i couldn't have asked for a better bride....she never even let the cake phase her....she kept telling me that if she let a cake falling ruin her wedding than she had no right to be getting married in the first place! She had a wonderful attitude about the whole thing and to this day still laughs about it and has given me a glowing report on the flavor of my cakes and referred a lot of business my way.

So yes, God is definitely good and sometimes people are too!

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:14pm
post #33 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

The bride ......

sounds like karma was at play here (ie, your win) because both you and the bride sound lovely and generous of nature

congrats on your win!!!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 9:50pm
post #34 of 48

Awwww I'm so happy, it couldn't have happened to a nicer person! I read your posts all the time and you are always nice and patient even answering the same questions for the umpteeth time. Congratulations!

ckckhome Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckckhome Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 10:51pm
post #35 of 48

CONGRATULATONS

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:45am
post #36 of 48

Congratulations Tina!! I am so happy for you!

KHalstead Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 4:51pm
post #37 of 48

thanks.........I'll have to admit, I'm still going to be nervous transporting a fully stacked cake, but I gotta try it now!! lol

I'll be sure and report back on how it works and the ease of using it and so forth too. In case any of you cakers out there who charge what you should be charging for your cakes (<---------not me), and can actually afford to buy one of these things.

KHalstead Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #38 of 48

ok, now I have a dilemma.......just got another call from the cake safe people and now they want me to make them a cake.

6,9,12, and 16 stacked round or square any decor. They're buying it at my regular price and displaying it in the cake safe at the "Art of the Cake" cake show in Middleburg heights, Ohio

YIKES, I'm such a novice. They told me they'd display my business card with the cake as well.

There is going to be cake competition and junk at that show.......I don't want to embarass them with my lack of cake skills. I mean, what's the use of showing someone the cake "made it intact" if the cake looks like cr@p?

So any ideas on decor. They said they'd like the tiers different colors so that it's obvious from a distance that it's 4 tiers. Any ideas?

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:18pm
post #39 of 48

Follow the link http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-photos-by-KHalstead.html

I thinks them some pretty good looking cakes.

Mike

KHalstead Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 5:20pm
post #40 of 48

you're funny, I clicked on it and thought "Oh good, someone has some ideas for design" lol

Thank you, but I know that I am seriously underqualified for this!!! What if my cake falls apart in the cake safe or something?? Oh the pressure!!!!!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:11pm
post #41 of 48

Well spring is coming even though it doesn't feel like it. I like that little light blue layer you did with brush embroidery flowers. That would stunning in four tiers with a nice boarder of maybe over sized RI roses and leaves around each tier. You are going to have the shlef space for it with those sizes.

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:26pm
post #42 of 48

http://www.freewebs.com/khalstead/apps/photos/photo?photoid=11475555

Do this one from your website!! It's vibrant and the tiers are different patterns. It'd definately draw the eye to the display! And it's a FANTASTIC cake!

KHalstead Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:35pm
post #43 of 48

It always amazes me (though I don't know why since we all spend so much time in the same place -ie: CC lol) how much we all think alike!!!!

sadsmile......I was thinking of doing each tier a different shade of blue and doing brushed embroidery flowers on them.........but then they sent me a pic. that another lady did for the cake safe (that they're displaying next to mine) and it's 5 tiers and different shades of blue with swiss dotted pearls on it (beautiful by the way)...so I thought I should go for something different.

So then I thought stripes are always eye catching (like the cake TheDomesticDiva suggested from my website,that I did).........and that's really want you want to go for at an event like that, or at least I think........i saw this cake (pictured below) by karensue I believe and I think I'm in love!!! It's so bright and striking............wonder if these colors are good or if I should do a different color? What do you guys think?

It won't have a topper on it either.
LL

jadedlogic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadedlogic Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 6:38pm
post #44 of 48

Congratualtions! That's great news and I LOVE your cake that the pp suggested - so pretty icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 7:59pm
post #45 of 48

Oh yeah that's lovely! Too funny on the same thoughts. Great minds... I tell you!!!

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 11 Jan 2010 , 9:21pm
post #46 of 48

I love the blue and black cake you found the photo of!! Go for it!! thumbs_up.gif

DecorateMe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DecorateMe Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 3:52pm
post #47 of 48

I LOVE that blue and black cake, it's very striking.

Well done for winning & good luck!

KHalstead Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 1:56pm
post #48 of 48

well, they aren't going to have me make a cake now (but that's ok......I've got a couple pretty big birthday cakes to worry about (hand molded coach purse, cell phone, flip flops, choc. tiara) so I'll be busy enough. We figured if they mailed a check it wouldn't get here in time for me to purchase supplies with the money and I didn't have money to front all the expenses for a cake that large.....so we just decided that I wouldn't make them a cake.

But i still get the cake safe, so I'm still super excited. When I have some free time and tons of fondant I'm still gonna make that blue and black cake I just LOVE it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%