New To The Forum And I Need Help!

Decorating By Sandi92504 Updated 5 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm by babykonst

Sandi92504 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandi92504 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hi - I'm new to the forum and also fairly new to cake decorating. I am LOVING it though. I have taken 3 courses from Wilton and will begin the fourth course on Wed.

Now for my problem. I have promised my niece a "princess" cake on Saturday for her party and I purchased a tiara cookie cutter to put around the sides of the cake. Well the cookie cutter is HUGE and won't work. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have a tiara and wands to put on top (oh and she wants 3 tiers) Does anyone have any suggestions. It needs to be all pink and purple! (white is okay with her - she is a very decisive 5 year old) She loves fondant so she also wants that for the cake...I love working with fondant but am at a loss now of what to put on it!

Thanks for any help!

Sandi icon_smile.gif

2 replies
_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 3

If you google "princess tiara cakes", and look in images for the results, there are hundreds of cake images. Royal icing tiaras, hand molded....lots of stuff.

babykonst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babykonst Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 3

hi there, i had made a princess cake with a royal icing tiara ( i just use a template taped parchment paper on top and taped them both over a coffee can and piped the outline with RI, let it dry, did a few more layers then let it comepletly dry over a few days) i have the cake posted in my pics, you can do something like it (just change the green to purple) hope this helps!!! happy baking!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%