New To The Forum And I Need Help!

Decorating By Sandi92504 Updated 5 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm by babykonst

Sandi92504 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 3

Hi - I'm new to the forum and also fairly new to cake decorating. I am LOVING it though. I have taken 3 courses from Wilton and will begin the fourth course on Wed.

Now for my problem. I have promised my niece a "princess" cake on Saturday for her party and I purchased a tiara cookie cutter to put around the sides of the cake. Well the cookie cutter is HUGE and won't work. Now I'm trying to figure out what to do. I have a tiara and wands to put on top (oh and she wants 3 tiers) Does anyone have any suggestions. It needs to be all pink and purple! (white is okay with her - she is a very decisive 5 year old) She loves fondant so she also wants that for the cake...I love working with fondant but am at a loss now of what to put on it!

Thanks for any help!

Sandi icon_smile.gif

2 replies
_Jamie_ Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm
post #2 of 3

If you google "princess tiara cakes", and look in images for the results, there are hundreds of cake images. Royal icing tiaras, hand molded....lots of stuff.

babykonst Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 3

hi there, i had made a princess cake with a royal icing tiara ( i just use a template taped parchment paper on top and taped them both over a coffee can and piped the outline with RI, let it dry, did a few more layers then let it comepletly dry over a few days) i have the cake posted in my pics, you can do something like it (just change the green to purple) hope this helps!!! happy baking!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%