Isn't It Freakin' Amazing What You Can Find On The Internet?

Lounge By Classycakes Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 5:14pm by indydebi

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 19

I couldn't believe this one......

Yesterday I was searching the internet for wedding vendors in my area and several pages deep into google, I found a blog written by a person who had travelled to our Province in 2008 to attend a family wedding.

He describes their trip and the wedding festivities, all complete with pictures and then he talks about the wedding reception. He has photos of the venue and then he talks about "this amazing homemade wedding cake made by the mother of the bride".

When I looked at the picture, IT WAS MY CAKE!!! The mother of the bride and the bride commissioned me to do their cake. Even if I didn't know for sure from the picture, I certainly recognized the bride & groom's name!

Now, how in the world would he THINK that unless it was either told to him personally or mentioned as a thank you at the wedding reception to the guests?

Who would do that????

Very, very bizarre.......

18 replies
Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 19

I'm glad he described your cake as "amazing."

It does suck that you didn't get credit - or more that someone else did. The mother likely makes cakes and told people she was going to do her daughters, then got in over her head. Some people are just like that though, if they can take credit they will.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 5:23pm
post #3 of 19

In my book that is stealing. Shady!!! If it were my cake and I was in business... I would dig up both my photo and contract and post the info as a reply in his blog. I bet everyone at that wedding was told that.

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 19

Wow! That's horrible!

If it were me, I'd actually write to him and let him know you made the cake!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 19

Perhaps he was told the MOB took care of the cake, and assumed that she made it. No offense to men, but they usually don't pay attention to things like that. I'm sure he just got it wrong.

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinygoose

Perhaps he was told the MOB took care of the cake, and assumed that she made it. No offense to men, but they usually don't pay attention to things like that. I'm sure he just got it wrong.

True, that was another option I was thinking about. My husband does that all the time, thinks statements mean something they don't and he takes it to heart.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 6:12pm
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

In my book that is stealing. Shady!!! If it were my cake and I was in business... I would dig up both my photo and contract and post the info as a reply in his blog. I bet everyone at that wedding was told that.

Yeah, a bit shady but they did PAY for the cake so I really don't care what they say or do with it after that. I'm not advocating lying but I SURELY wouldn't embarrass the mother and rest of the family by exposing them publicly.

Classycakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 6:21pm
post #8 of 19

I'd already decided that I wouldn't do or say anything. I figured this couple lives out of the Province so it doesn't really impact me, plus I wouldn't want to embarass the bride or her mother. It's not worth that to me!

I guess I was truly amazed by finding it!!! What are the odds of me stumbling across this poor guy's blog?????

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #9 of 19

as its a "he" doing the blog i wonder if its kinda like telling my husband 2 bits of info and he gets it confused so when i could have told him that the MOB bakes cakes and dont you love Janes wedding cake, he would have heard MOB baked janes wedding cake icon_biggrin.gif

Classycakes Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:23pm
post #10 of 19

Yes, you're probably right! I know my husband only hears half of what I say! icon_lol.gif (unless the conversation is about food or sex!!!)

lovelytee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovelytee Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:52pm
post #11 of 19

LOL @ classycakes. Good one icon_lol.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:56pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

Quote:

Yeah, a bit shady but they did PAY for the cake so I really don't care what they say or do with it after that. I'm not advocating lying but I SURELY wouldn't embarrass the mother and rest of the family by exposing them publicly.

thumbs_up.gif I agree Kory.

And Classycakes...that made me LOL. Really L.

sadsmile Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 12:36am
post #13 of 19

You guys are soo right. I am not in business and I did not think of the other end of doing that. icon_rolleyes.gif You wouldn't want to drive business away over one cake.

Sox-n-Pats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sox-n-Pats Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:49am
post #14 of 19

No need to embarass the bride or the MOB.

The next time someone in the family needs a cake and asks the MOB, she'll be embarrassed enough.

Karma's great!!!!!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 2:30pm
post #15 of 19

I think you're doing the right thing. My husband screws stuff up all the time. It is hilarious that you stumbled across this, though. Too funny.

Classycakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 2:42pm
post #16 of 19

Men!!!! Ya gotta love 'em!!!! After all these years, I've learned to turn things my way though. When I want to buy something that I want but don't really need (like cake stuff!!!), I'll just casually mention it in a detailed conversation about something entirely different, then a month later I buy it. Then when he asks about it, I'll just simply say "remember honey, we talked about it last month". He'll only remember enough to know it was mentioned. Then I get to say "well, you should have listened to me!!!" He just smiles and nods and wouldn't dare say that he was barely listening in the first place. Works like a charm! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

sadsmile Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 2:55pm
post #17 of 19

Isn't that the truth! We have all burst into laughing fits at the dinner table because my hubby will have an epiphany moment about something- that I have just reiterated to him 3 times not 5 minutes before. He turns red and is all, " What are you guys laughing at?" and the kids yell, "Dad! She just told you THaAAAAAAT!"

Classycakes Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:21pm
post #18 of 19

Isn't it funny that it doesn't work the same way for most women?? My husband could babble on about, for example, a part for his motorcycle that he wants. But a month later, I could repeat back almost everything he said. He rarely can catch me out the way I catch him! Women are so much more on the ball!!! icon_wink.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:14pm
post #19 of 19
Quote:

Isn't that the truth! We have all burst into laughing fits at the dinner table because my hubby will have an epiphany moment about something- that I have just reiterated to him 3 times not 5 minutes before. He turns red and is all, " What are you guys laughing at?" and the kids yell, "Dad! She just told you THaAAAAAAT!"

oh my gosh, the stories I could tell on this one! They usually end with me shaking my head and muttering, loud enough for him to hear, "The man NEVER listens to me!" To which he replies, "What?" icon_lol.gif

Our kids burst out laughing because I'll be 3/4's thru a story and he'll say something stupid that tells us he isn't listening. So I stop ... and I start over from teh beginning, WORD FOR WORD, repeating what I JUST said. Kids are rolling on the floor laughing ... hubby is looking perplexed, wondering what's so funny!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%