A Jumble Cake Idea For 60Th B-Day, Help!

Decorating By michiparma Updated 19 Jan 2010 , 7:47pm by JGMB

michiparma Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 6

I have been thinking of ideas for my aunt's 60th Birthday cake. She used to love frogs, so I thought that would be a good idea but thought there had to be something else. Then I had a 'light bulb' moment! JUMBLE! She loves to do Jumbles, you know, those word puzzles. I figured it would be an awesome cake but I need some help figuring out how to exactly do it. No problem mixing up words but trying to find words to pick letters to rearrange into a phrase (especially a birthday one at that) is a little more tricky. If there's any hope of getting any help, it'll be from all the creative minds here on CC! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you all!!!

5 replies
JGMB Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 6

Okay, here's all I could come up with:

itsxy (sixty) -- circle the i, t, and y spaces

yptar (party) -- circle the p, r, and y spaces

rhoon (honor) -- circle the h and o spaces

keca (cake) -- circle the a space

pdraae (parade) -- circle the p and d spaces

sabh (bash) -- circle the b and h spaces

For the photo clue in the box, make a frog in a party hat. Then, the caption can read, "What does everyone wish you?"

The answer will be "Hoppy Birthday!"

michiparma Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 6

OMG! That's the final phrase I was thinking about and same with the frog in a party hat!!! That's awesome! icon_lol.gif Thanks so much for the mixed up words!!! Definitely makes sense! Love it! Wonderful JGMB!!! icon_biggrin.gif

JGMB Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 6

You're welcome! I'd love to see a photo when it's done!

michiparma Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 6

I have attached a picture of the cake. It did not come out as I had envisioned but that's because I need to learn to do things to scale! Otherwise, I think it came out pretty good. Thank you for your help! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

JGMB Posted 19 Jan 2010 , 7:47pm
post #6 of 6

Awww, it turned out so, so cute ~~ I'm sure she loved it!!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%