Help! I Deas For A Baby Shower Cake!

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 5 Jan 2010 , 3:17am by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:57am
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I'm in a panic... just got asked to do a cake for a Baby shower next week. Since the turnaround time is so short, I am unable to order supplies and such and have it arrive in time. If using fondant i will have to make my own... but since im not 100% consistant on the recipe turning out right each time... im a little learying on doing major/structural fondant work.

So for time sake im thinking simple....

here is the background of the invitation that the client gave me:
http://picasaweb.google.com/cinori79/TmpPhotos#5423079897883327506

I'm thinking Sophisticated would be a nice touch... i don't want to do the "baby bump" design that seems to be popular. They are basically giving me freedom with the design...and what i do know is we want something elegant-classy.

The cake doesn't have to be big... they are expecting around 30 guests. I just figured since im sorta learning as i go i need to start asap, specially if fondant is involved.

I would greatly appreciate any and all input on what i could do!

Thanks guys!

2 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 3:12am
post #2 of 3

How 'bout just the background...green w/stenciling with a brown fondant ribbon around the bottom...add a herringbone(whatever that print is one the package she's holding) package...oooooooooooh or a two-loop bow with that design...

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 3:17am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

How 'bout just the background...green w/stenciling with a brown fondant ribbon around the bottom...add a herringbone(whatever that print is one the package she's holding) package...oooooooooooh or a two-loop bow with that design...

That's a possibility! Thanks! I know im over complicating everything in my head!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%