Edible Photo????

Decorating By AuntieEm18 Updated 5 Jan 2010 , 2:29pm by bobwonderbuns

AuntieEm18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieEm18 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:45am
post #1 of 6

I have taken all 3 of the Wilton cake decorating courses, so I know how to decorate a bit (I also know that it's in your practice most of allicon_smile.gif I am not sure how to do extra special things, though, like the edible photo.

Is there someone who could tell me in specific detail or give me a link to a video? Thank you so much!

Auntie Em princess.gif

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:53am
post #3 of 6

Actually edible printing is very very easy. The concept is just like printing a "regular" photo that you would at home, but you are doing it with a printer that can handle edible ink and edible icing sheets. For the most part you can use any software you are already familiar with to print the image out or you can use a printer that works like a copier and has the scanner/printer as one unit. I have worked with these machines for over 10 years and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 12:10pm
post #4 of 6

Jan~over the years of being on CC, you amaze me with all your reference posts! Glad we have you!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 6

Hi: You can go into your local grocery store in many cities (Sobey's here) with a print and they will do a 10X7 edible image of that print (or as many photos as you can fit on a page) for $10 Canadian. That's what I do, as I don't do enough to warrant buying a copier icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 2:29pm
post #6 of 6

Honestly Jan, do you have these threads memorized?? I can never find what I'm looking for! icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%