*********** Richmond Virginia ************

Decorating By LittleMsSexyBaker Updated 9 Jan 2010 , 12:33am by LaBellaFlor

LittleMsSexyBaker Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 16

Hello girls,
Anybody in the
Richmond, VA area and how is the cake business there. any cake clubs. Anybody with that knowledge let me know, I'm looking in to moving myself and family there.

Thank you girls!!! and a Happy year to you all!!! icon_wink.gif

15 replies
tsc Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:31pm
post #2 of 16

I'm about 2 hours out. would love to know the same thing as my friend that i used to talk cakes w/ moved to pa last year.

Jan14grands Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:02pm
post #3 of 16

I'm about an hour away and don't know of any cake clubs, but this is a great area to live!!

tsc Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan14grands

I'm about an hour away and don't know of any cake clubs, but this is a great area to live!!

true. it is a nice area. what direction away are you? i'm southwest va. maybe we should just start our own club. icon_lol.gif

Jan14grands Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:11pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsc

Quote:

true. it is a nice area. what direction away are you? i'm southwest va. maybe we should just start our own club. icon_lol.gif

Oooohhh, too bad, I'm north of Richmond icon_smile.gif

LittleMsSexyBaker Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsc

Quote:

Oooohhh, too bad, I'm north of Richmond icon_smile.gif

Hi Jan14,
North close to what your staying! if I may ask. Thank you all!!!! icon_wink.gif

LittleMsSexyBaker Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 8:09pm
post #7 of 16

Thank you all!!! I allready have an idea!!! icon_wink.gif

icingimages Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 10:39pm
post #8 of 16

ICES does have a club in Northern VA. You can contact Barbara Kelly at [email protected] She is in charge of the convention in Northern VA, a very sweet sweet lady. She can direct you. I also found on the ICES website Megan Ferrey at cakesby [email protected] Both of those people can help you find area chapters.

LittleMsSexyBaker Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 8:13pm
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

ICES does have a club in Northern VA. You can contact Barbara Kelly at [email protected] She is in charge of the convention in Northern VA, a very sweet sweet lady. She can direct you. I also found on the ICES website Megan Ferrey at cakesby [email protected] Both of those people can help you find area chapters.

Thank you icingimages. I will contact them..... thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:16pm
post #10 of 16

My Pleasure. I am in Winchester, my sister lives in Fredericksburg...not too far from Richmond! Welcome to VA

Mensch Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:17pm
post #11 of 16

I love Richmond! When the dogwoods bloom in the spring there is no city more beautiful.

LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:36pm
post #12 of 16

I live in Richmond and if your not from here it takes some getting used to. I've lived here for 9 years and am still not 100% used to it. I've know people who have lived here way longer then me and are still not used to it. It is great for starting a home based business though. It is located in the center of the East Coast, which makes it ideal for traveling the East Coast line. Fredericksburg is about 45-50 minutes away. Washinnton, D.C. is about 2 hours north.

cas17 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 10:39pm
post #13 of 16

love richmond too--grew up there, but where i live now it's about 1 1/2 hours northwest of me. costumeczar is in that area if you want to pm her.

LaBellaFlor Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 11:07pm
post #14 of 16

There are a few of us the get together once a month. Costumeczarina included.

costumeczar Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 12:30am
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

But we usually get together to complain about life etc., it's not a real "cake club." Just to warn people that we like to bitch and moan icon_wink.gif Anyone else who likes to bitch and moan is welcome to join us.

LaBellaFlor Posted 9 Jan 2010 , 12:33am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBellaFlor

But we usually get together to complain about life etc., it's not a real "cake club." Just to warn people that we like to bitch and moan icon_wink.gif Anyone else who likes to bitch and moan is welcome to join us.

This is very true. Not a cake club, a bitch club where we all so happen to make cakes. icon_mad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%