Hello Kitty Cake

Decorating By romy789 Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 5:57am by morgnscakes

romy789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
romy789 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 2:31am
post #1 of 5

i have a hello kitty cake due. They want just the face of the hello kitty does any one have a template for hello kitty's face???..im scared to carve it with a free hand..

4 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:48am
post #2 of 5

I just posted a very simple one I did for my daughter's b-day. I used a 12 inch round and carved to make it more oval and used left-over cake bits for the ears and barrett. icon_smile.gif

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:19am
post #3 of 5

I've made several Hello kitty face cakes and it's really easy to do without carving. I just used 2-10" round cakes then baked one 6" round cake for the ears (cut the 6" in half then lay them on top of each other to make a 2 layered half cake then cut that half cake in half to make two-2 layer sized ears) You might need to trim the ears slightly to look more earlike and it helps to freeze the cake too - cut cakes are frickin hard to frosticon_smile.gif) Hope that makes senseicon_smile.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:42am
post #4 of 5

When I did my Hello Kitty face...i used a 14inch square pan and used and edible marker to draw on the cake as a guide. I cut the whole face w/the ears out of just that one 14 inch square, iced it and then covered it in fondant. It was really simple, especially for me since I'm not the least bit "artistic" lol. You could also find a template online and print it out to use as your guide.

morgnscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgnscakes Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 5:57am
post #5 of 5

are you wanting to do a flat face (like the ones the pp posted) or a 3D face?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%