Frozen Eggwhites

Decorating By Elise87 Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 2:17am by Elise87

Elise87 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:31am
post #1 of 5

I want to buy a container of pasteurized frozen eggwhites from my supermarket and was wondering how long can they last in the fridge after i defrost them?

Otherwise do you think i would be able to cut a portion of the block of frozen eggwhites to defrost and leave the rest in the freezer in another container or something? I don't know how i would be able to cut it lol but that would just be good cose i don't think i would use the whole container within a certain amount of time and they are very expensive to just waste

4 replies
7yyrt Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:41am
post #2 of 5

Are they pre-frozen?
I freeze egg whites in Ziplocks, then take out only what I need. Many freeze them in one white per ice cube in the ice cube tray, let them freeze and then pop them out into bags.

Elise87 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:43am
post #3 of 5

yeh they are pre-frozen but i am buying them cose they are pasteurized and will use them for like RI and IMBC so they can sit out longer

7yyrt Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 2:12am
post #4 of 5

Oh brother, I didn't take in that you already said pre-frozen. Must find more coffee...

Elise87 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 2:17am
post #5 of 5

I just really want to know if it's possible to saw through a block of frozen eggwhite lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%