Bc Cherry Chip Cake Mix - Good Or Bad?

Decorating By luvmysmoother Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 1:10am by luvmysmoother

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 11:48pm
post #1 of 5

I bought a bunch of heart shaped pans and just to try them out and practice some Valentine cakes I made BC Cherry chip cake mix and filled it with some white chocolate/coconut/glace cherry ganache. The cherry chip cake mix (to me) tastes sooooo weird - not downright awful but...weird and not in a good wayicon_sad.gif I'm not sure if I should even bother to take it to work or to dump it in the trashicon_sad.gif If the cake looked like pooh I wouldn't mind trashing it but I spent so much time decorating it!!! I wish I'd tasted it before decorating - I would have switched to red velvet for sureicon_sad.gif Does anyone else use BC cherry chip - is it just me or do people actually like it and buy it regularly?

4 replies
aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 11:54pm
post #2 of 5

i have used it before and it taste fine to me. but i love anything cherry!
i like it with chocolate buttercreme or choclate gnache. tastes like chocolate covered cherries....yummy!

crystalmomof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalmomof3 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 12:25am
post #3 of 5

i love the cherry chip mix. i think it taste fine and i have used it a few times and never had any complaints.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 12:45am
post #4 of 5

This is the flavor my mom always used to make me for my birthdays when I was little (in the70's), so the taste and smell to me immediately bring back my childhood. It's "cherry" flavored the way that "purple" is "grape". Not really organic, but still delicious to me. icon_smile.gif

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:10am
post #5 of 5

Ok - three yeas and no nays is good enough for me - I made three cakes out of two cake mixes so I'm glad I don't have to toss them. I love the flavor of cherry in general but was a bit iffy on the flavor of this mix. My experiments with new flavors has not been going well so far so I guess it made me extra wary - thanks all - really appreciate iticon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%