A Tool To Make A Stencil On A Cake?? Help!

Decorating By christy633 Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 3:42pm by christy633

christy633 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:50pm
post #1 of 5

I am looking for a tool that will leave an impression on fondant so I don't have to freehand!!! Does anyone know what this would be called? I looked through stencils, but that's not really what I need. Its so I can make swirls on a cake, but I don't really want to free hand!


4 replies
christy633 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 11:37am
post #3 of 5

Thanks Doug!

Just a question - if I don't want the pattern everywhere, if I just want one swirl here and there on the cake - can I use just a piece of it? Do you cut it out of the large mat?

Darthburn Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 5

I have a few that my sister-in-law gave to me cause she doesn't decorate (they were a gift). Anyways... they do make them.. they are scroll shaped and have tiny pokies on the bottoms so when you press them into the fondant or buttercream it leaves dots in the scroll pattern. Then you just trace over with piping. I used them once and they work pretty good.

Here is a link to a site that has some... they are called pattern press sets:

I did a Google search for Cake Scroll Stencils.

HTH icon_smile.gif

christy633 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 5

That is exactly what I was looking for - perfect - thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%