Fondant Flowers

Decorating By CaseyL20 Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 5:43pm by Debi2

CaseyL20 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:57pm
post #1 of 13

I just recently started working with Fondant to decorate my cakes. I know how to make a Fondant Rose but can't find any instructions for different types of flowers from Fondant. HELP!! icon_cry.gif

12 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:00pm
post #2 of 13

A lot of flowers are made with gumpaste, and some of the directions will work for fondant too.

It helps to have some flower cutters and veiners, and they come in tons of different varieties.

CakeMommyTX Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 13

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-654103.html

check out this thread it's full of tutorials

tonedna Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 13

Check in between my tutorials, there you will find basics for callas and roses.
It's better to do them in gumpaste than in fondant.
Edna icon_smile.gif

tonedna Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:06pm
post #5 of 13

I forgot to add the link icon_redface.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:10pm
post #6 of 13

yes yes yes check out all of tonedna's tutorials, they are awesome, easy to follow and very informative!

LateBloomer Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 13

Try to get hold of any of Alan Dunn's books.. he has amazing step by step instructions. You can also work from fresh flowers by taking them apart and making your own templates. Enjoy!

nancyg Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 13

I love these tutorials...thanks so much. But, not being really good with a computer...how can I go to this thread without clicking on it here????

In other words how can I save and go to later
thanks for the help

cas17 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:40pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

yes yes yes check out all of tonedna's tutorials, they are awesome, easy to follow and very informative!

absolutely check out tonedna's tutorials. i couldn't have done my purple rose cake without it thumbs_up.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:43pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyg

I love these tutorials...thanks so much. But, not being really good with a computer...how can I go to this thread without clicking on it here????

In other words how can I save and go to later
thanks for the help

you can open a new window click on it and save it to your favs or since you made a post on this thread it will be saved in the "my forum posts" tab, just click it and then click this post when you want to come back.
hth

tonedna Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 11:43pm
post #11 of 13

Just press the link and it should open a new window.. If not just hit the back button and it will take you right here.
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

nancyg Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:40am
post #12 of 13

Thanks for all the help with keeping these tutorials!!!

Debi2 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 5:43pm
post #13 of 13

If you haven't checked out tonedna's youtube videos, I highly recommend them! I learned so much from them. (Thanks tonedna!....I wish you had even more of them because you are a very good teacher and very inspiring.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%