? On Icing For Strawberry Cake

Decorating By pinklady78 Updated 5 Jan 2010 , 7:46am by madgeowens

pinklady78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady78 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 5:40am
post #1 of 7

What flavor of icing would compliment a strawberry cake. Ideas please??? thank you.

6 replies
totallycaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallycaked Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 5:45am
post #2 of 7

I love chocolate with vanilla... I like the surpise of it... maybe something like vanilla or a mild strawberry... cream cheese... something mellow because strawberry is so sharp... hope it helps?

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 6:05am
post #3 of 7

I love strawberry cake, I've tried it with vanilla IMBC, chocolate IMBC and cream cheese icing, and the best was cream cheese. I didn't like it nearly as much with anything else.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 6:44am
post #4 of 7

Cool Whip!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 6:53am
post #5 of 7

Are you wanting an American buttercream but flavor it or are you wanting a homemade type "frosting". If you want a frosting a strawberry cream cheese is THE BOMB! If you are wanting to decorate the cake & trying to smooth, etc I get the most "mmm's" when I use Butavan. If you don't have any (get some) but if you can't get it in time I would use butter flavored

pinklady78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady78 Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:05am
post #6 of 7

I'm actually wanting to decorate a baby shower cake with it. Cream cheese frosting sounds good, but will it hold up without having to be refrigerated? I will be applying fondant butterflies on the cake.

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 7:46am
post #7 of 7

I used butter cream....check it out on my page

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%