Colorful/funfetti Type Filling?

Decorating By joenshan Updated 6 Jan 2010 , 5:30am by alliebear

joenshan Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:51am
post #1 of 6

Looking for a colorful filling for one of the tiers of my 3 year old's birthday cake. The cake is just simple white. Any ideas? I looked through the recipes, but didn't see anything.

5 replies
bellabakes Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:03am
post #2 of 6

Not sure if this is what your thinking about or not but when I saw funfetti I thought about white (or colored) buttercream with rainbow sprinkles in it.

hth maybe?

joenshan Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 6

yes, visually, that's what I was thinking. I wasn't sure if ice cream sprinkles would work in icing/filling. Thanks!

mandirombold Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:11am
post #4 of 6

I have used icecream sprinkles in my cakes and icings before but for in the icings i always use "jimmies" not just the tiny little circle spinkles because they tend to bleed. they also have the tiny kissables candy which are tiny candy coated chocolate chips.hope this helps

dandelion56602 Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:25am
post #5 of 6

I'd do a test batch to make sure it doesn't bleed. I wouldn't mix it until I was ready to fill the cake either b/c they tend to soften as they sit & would be more likely to bleed

alliebear Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:30am
post #6 of 6

if your worried about bleeding, how about candy melts. just get an assortment of colors and chop them fine and mix in to the frosting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%