I Did It!!!

Decorating By Rachie204 Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 10:03pm by Rachie204

Rachie204 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:33am
post #1 of 6

Well I am completely exhausted but so very proud. Today was DD 1st birthday.... icon_sad.gif We had a big Winter ONEderland and I had my first attempt at a 3-tier cake. I was so worried something horrible would happen but everything went very well. The cake turned out pretty well in my opinion being my first and all. Thanks to everyone for sharing your advice and experiences.

The cake is in my pics if you want to take a peek...any comments or advice for next time are very much welcome.

5 replies
andpotts Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:50am
post #2 of 6

Love the theme and play on words icon_smile.gif So cute and your cake is awesome, your fondant is so smooth, it's simple and pretty! Just in case you didn't know your comments are turned off, so noone can leave you any with the actual pictures. There is a turn comments on/off choice under your profile. You did a really good job, Happy first birthday to your (sniff) "baby" party.gif Andrea

Rachie204 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:55am
post #3 of 6

Andrea~ Thank you for the kind comments. I had no idea I had that setting turned off...thanks for telling me where to change it I probably would have been looking for an hour. LOL

tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:24am
post #4 of 6

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE ONE!!! Nothing inspires me to make a cake like one of my baby's birthdays! icon_wink.gif Last Feb for Chloe's 2nd birthday, she said that she wanted a Fairy Princess Party. Well, her b-day is Feb. 9 and big brother's is Feb. 15th... so I took advantage and pulled the mommy card. She was one of the few little girls that could have a "Cherub Princess Party".... I've never posted a pic on here because I'm so insecure, but now I'm tempted. icon_smile.gif Chloe's was the second fondant or stacked cake I had ever made. The first on both accounts was the week before when big brother Tate's teacher had a birthday and I made her my guinea pig. icon_smile.gif I can't wait to go look! I'm gettin' a little nostalgic with your inspiration! - Ps Lucy turned 1 in August... I attempted my first topsy turvy... and was really really humbled. I saved it as far as a first b-day cake goes, but we have a new family joke about me saying, "NO, IT'S NOT GONNA FALL, IT'S JUST AN OPTICAL ILLUSION! C-R-A-S-H .... 2ND TIER.... C-R-A-S-H! Laura's ego C-R-A-S-H! roflol! congrats on the big day! gonna go look now! xoxo

all4cake Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:45am
post #5 of 6

You should be proud! You did a great job on it!

Rachie204 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 10:03pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you all for your sweet comments, now to start planning DS party...lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%