Advanced Cake Decorating Class At Michaels

Decorating By kpetcov Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 4:56am by kpetcov

kpetcov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpetcov Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 10

Other than the Course 3 student kit, do I need to bring anything else? A baked cake or anything?

9 replies
kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:44am
post #2 of 10

They should give you a supply list when you sign up that tells you what you need to bring.

NYCGiGi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NYCGiGi Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:55am
post #3 of 10

When I took the Wilton classes at Michaels, they didn't give a supply list until the first class.

FACSlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FACSlady Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 2:11am
post #4 of 10

Michael's should have a class 3 kit for sale. Check it out to see if you have everything you need. Sometimes they (or AC Moore) also have just the book, which also lists what's needed for the course.

Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 2:13am
post #5 of 10

Hi, I just finished that class and what you need a thin, med and stiff butter cream ( you will learn to make dif things in the first class) no cake needs to be taken until your 2nd class.

Yane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yane Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 2:45am
post #6 of 10

Hi, I just finished that class and what you need a thin, med and stiff butter cream ( you will learn to make dif things in the first class) no cake needs to be taken until your 2nd class.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:09am
post #7 of 10

the michaels ..i teach at.. gives syllabus when you sign up.. or you wouldn,t know what to bring to first class.. you bring buttercream to work with that nite.. course 111 kit.. then the second week you bring a cake to cover in fondant and make a package cake.. you also make the gumpaste rose.. the first nite.. you make the center for this rose. and bring back second nite to finish the rose.. third class you go back to r/i and make lily, poinsettia.. petunia. and morning glory.. then the last nite.. you bring in a 6"x4" tier and a 10"x4" tier .. already coverd in fondant. and and your flowers.. i ask them to please bring in the g/p roses... that is really what the class is all about.. and they finish their wedding cake. it is really fun . lots of work.. but rewarding... hth

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:27am
post #8 of 10

I'm a WMI and you definitely get a list that tells you what to bring to class. Contact the instructor if you have any questions. =o)

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 8:34pm
post #9 of 10

sorry about the Christmas graphics... I'm changing them later today.

http://www.mycakeclass.com/c3.htm

kpetcov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpetcov Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:56am
post #10 of 10

Thanks. My husband signed me up and they never said what to bring in addition to the course 3 kit.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%