Ideas For Wine Bottle Filling?

Decorating By kcw551 Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 2:50am by kcw551

kcw551 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 11:42pm
post #1 of 4

So, I'm looking at all the great wine bottles/cakes on CC and I everything down, but the filling. Do you put anything inside the wine bottle to help it hold it's shape. My fondant bottle will have enough time to dry and should be ready to put together the label and all when I get ready to do the cake, but do you just leave the inside hollow? I was thinking of even putting marshmallows, cake or RKT inside to secure it. Calling all experts that have gone before me, what did you do for your wine bottles?

3 replies
chelseak Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 12:18am
post #2 of 4

I used RKT when I did one a while back. I also colored the marshmallow red so when it was cut into it looked like red wine. Well as much as rice krispies can look like wine icon_smile.gif lol

FullHouse Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 12:27am
post #3 of 4

I just got the Confetti Cakes book for Christmas and they have instructions for a wine bottle cake where the wine bottle is laying in a "crate" (cake) and the wine bottle is a 2" high cake carved into the shape of a half wine bottle, covered in fondant, painted to look like a wine bottle then placed on the crate, filled around it with fondant or gumpaste shredded to look like packing straw. Maybe your library has the book if you are interested in the details, I can't wait to try one myself. Please post pics when you're done.

kcw551 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 2:50am
post #4 of 4

Yes I have the crate and the half bottle etc. are drying now. I was more interested in what to use inside the half bottle. I guess I could make some red cake and carve it to fit inside the bottle. RKT would work to, but I was looking for something smoother to work with. Thanks for the helpful suggestions! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%