How Do I Make A Car Out Of Rkt?

Decorating By coukie Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 3:59pm by poohsmomma

coukie Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 4

I need to make a groomscake and the theme is nascar, now I already know how the cake itself is going to look but i need to make a racecar for the topper. Any ideas on how to make the car out of RKT? Is there such a thing as a template for this? Dont know where to begin icon_cry.gif
Al help is welcome icon_wink.gif

3 replies
poohsmomma Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 4

I've done a couple. (Lightning McQueen and Speed Racer) I made a block of RKT pressed into a loaf pan,and started from there. It helps if you crush up the cereal; it makes the surface a little smoother. It makes for a very dense RKT, but I figure it's not going to be eaten anyway. I bought a matchbox car at Walmart that was like the one I wanted to make and used that for the proportions and carved from that.
Hope this helps; good luck.

coukie Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:06am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the tip poohsmomma,
I was thinking to start that way but sins Im not realy a good carver I thought there might be a simpeler way icon_redface.gif
Maybe there is a way of actualy desassemble a toy sportscar and use the body coverd in klingrap and fil with RKT? that way you sould end up with a pretty good shape of a car....I think icon_rolleyes.gif
Im a bit scared to start this project....

poohsmomma Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 4

It's the details that make the car, so even if the shape is not perfect, when you add the bumpers and paint job, etc, it will turn out okay.

Quote by @%username% on %date%