Revolving Cake

Decorating By prayerwarrior Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 8:58am by prayerwarrior

prayerwarrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prayerwarrior Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:09pm
post #1 of 8

My grandson is celebrating his Cancer Free status this month. Diagnosed with leukemia in 2001. There is going to be a hugh celebration and I would like to make a staked cake with the top layer having sparkling candles and silver stars revolving in a circle. Can anyone help me figure out how to do that? Thanks

7 replies
kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 8

No help from me, but HOORAY for your family!!! So happy for your grandson icon_lol.gif .

Hopefully Doug will see your post, I bet he will be able to help you figure this out. PM him if he doesn't respond here.
Sharon (Sugarshack) may offer some suggestions, too. She did a cake for her bil with moving parts.

Good Luck and a belated welcome from me!

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:56am
post #3 of 8

I would buy a smal battery operated hobby turntable ( online for 10-20 bucks) and build your topper on there....

wilton has a revolving thing too

and congrats on the great celebration!

prayerwarrior Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 2:55am
post #4 of 8

Thanks...found one online for 22.00. I think it will work out just fine. Thank you both for the good wishes for Jared. We are so very blessed.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:18am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by prayerwarrior

Thanks...found one online for 22.00. I think it will work out just fine. Thank you both for the good wishes for Jared. We are so very blessed.

where did you find this? i would love to look in to one icon_smile.gif

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:20am
post #6 of 8

hello- and my sincerest congrats to your cancer free grandson! what a wonderful way to start the new year!!
good luck with the cake too! just curious where did you find the turntable? i too would be interested in trying something like that.
thanks

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 3:32am
post #7 of 8

party.gif.Congrats to your Grandson and Family. I know how it feels. My two sisters had Cancer one with Lymphoma and the other one with Breast Cancer. They too are Cancer free. They had a PET Test done, Good way to start the New Year.. thumbs_up.gif

prayerwarrior Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 8:58am
post #8 of 8

I googled revolving turntable. There were a lot to choose from. My heart goes out to everyone who has had to watch a loved one go thru cancer treatments and love to hear that another one conquered that dreaded "C". We are Relay For Lifers and are constantly fighting for a cure.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%