Cake Needs To Look Like Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pie

Decorating By shell62995 Updated 2 Jan 2010 , 6:23pm by shell62995

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 6

I need to make a cake look like a little debbie oatmeal cream pie. Any suggestions on how to do this? They havent chosen a flavor yet either so my options are wide open but they need it in a few days. She works for my church soI would like a way to make this for her. Any ideas?

5 replies
bellabakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellabakes Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:34am
post #2 of 6

I would just stack 3 round cakes, whatever size you need for the servings, with the middle cake being slightly smaller in diameter than the other two.

Then I would cover it all in brown fondant and cut a white strip to wrap around the middle cake for the cream. Then I would take a tool and make the "cracks" that oatmeal cream pies have in them on the top "cookie" and on the sides and color the cracks in with darker brown food coloring (or airbrush it and wipe it so its only in the cracks if you have an airbrush)

hth
icon_smile.gif

baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:39am
post #3 of 6

I'm tryin to think about something for you...

Ok, so I have a few thoughts...It's just an idea now...

Have 3 cakes, 2- 10 in and 1- 8in. Take the first 10 in and shape the bottom of it to look like it's laying down. So the bottom sides would be sort of shaved down. Then take the 8 in, and torte it, fill with whatever fillin. Either use your flavor of choice as long as it's white to go on the outside.

Use the second 10 in for the top, and shape it to look like the top cookie. I was thinking of using brown BC and sorta texture it to make it look like the cookie...

Just a thought, but maybe someone can give another suggestion..

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:54am
post #4 of 6

Wow, is there any really good oatmeal cake recipe on here that you could make the 2 outside cakes from? Then you wouldn't have to frost them, just leave them plain and make the middle to look like cream; either out of just frosting, or a 3rd cake cut thin and frosted white.

It seems like the trick would be to have a larger cake made more flat than to have a tall, thick cake.

Just my ideas, but best of luck to you. That's kind of a challenge!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 2:15am
post #5 of 6

..moving to Cake Ideas forum. icon_smile.gif

shell62995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shell62995 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 6:23pm
post #6 of 6

Thx for the ideas everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%