Anyone Tried The Perfect Brownie Pan?

Decorating By sugarspice Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 1:42am by ShellsSweetsIndy

sugarspice Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 43

If so, what do you think of it? I have a hard time getting brownies out of the pan. This pan has an insert, that when removed will leave the pan cut into squares. The insert goes in before baking. It looks interesting!

42 replies
prterrell Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 43

Honestly, I think it looks like a cheap piece of crap. But, then, I think that about most "cooking" things sold on TV.

You shouldn't have a hard time getting brownies out. If they are sticking, then you're not greasing the pan well enough.

Deb_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:11pm
post #3 of 43

One of my nieces used this for brownies that she brought to my house on Christmas Eve. She loved the pan, but I'll tell you my problem with the brownies was that every brownie had 4 crunchy favorite brownies in a batch are the "center" ones without those crunchy sides. You don't get those with this pan.

But, to reiterate....she loved the pan and thought it worked great.

Margieluvstobake Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 43

dkelly - That's funny what you said about the 4 crunchy edges. They actually use this as a selling point on one of their commercials. Saying that everyone loves the crunchy edges and that they go first. I thought the same as you...I like the middle brownies the best too.

mamawrobin Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:28pm
post #5 of 43

I bought a "slice solutions" brownie pan by Chicago Metallic at Michael's for $10.00 (half price). Never had any trouble with the brownies sticking but i do use bakers choice.

Deb_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:41pm
post #6 of 43
Originally Posted by Margieluvstobake

dkelly - That's funny what you said about the 4 crunchy edges. They actually use this as a selling point on one of their commercials. Saying that everyone loves the crunchy edges and that they go first. I thought the same as you...I like the middle brownies the best too.

Really they use that as a selling point? That would definitely make me NOT buy it lol! I love the gooey center ones! icon_biggrin.gif

Doug Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 43

and as a crunchy edge lover, sounds like my kind of pan

ziggytarheel Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:55pm
post #8 of 43

Yep, I'm from a long line of corner brownie eaters. Not just the edge, but an all out fight for the corners. I was shocked and amazed when I read on this site about people throwing away the chewy goodness on the corners!

tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:57pm
post #9 of 43

I caught a glance on t.v. I have no idea how it works, but mmmmmmm more edges for me!!! icon_smile.gif

ohayr639 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:09pm
post #10 of 43

I love the edges! It is standing rule with my boyfriend and myself that they belong to me! I received the Slice Solutions for Christmas and decided to use it with cake. I thought it would turn out HORRIBLE but it actually worked really nice; the edges were not the same as the edges it in corners but it worked really well. I had this great idea of frosting them individually to practice some techniques and stuff but got frustrasted with such littleness that I quit! But the pan worked really well.

iramirez94 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:25pm
post #11 of 43

i really like the pan. I have used it a lot to make brownies for my family and friends. I have both the perfect brownie and the other by some other company. The perfect brownie ones are smaller.

I want to try and experiment to see if you can bake the brownies and then use the cutter to slice them. That is what I hate about making brownies, cutting them, so I will try this week and let you know how it goes.

Happy new year!

indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:33pm
post #12 of 43

I agree that it looks like a cute little "housewifey" thing (aka piece of crap) that usually comes out only at Christmas.

And I, too was one of the "who the heck fights over the hard crusty edge pieces?" people. icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif Doug, I'll ship you my leftovers!

When I bake brownies, I actually cut about 1/4" off of all four sides to get rid of the crusty edge. I throw it away at the git-go, which means less wasted brownie(s) later.

ziggytarheel Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:36pm
post #13 of 43

I keep reading about the "hard, crusty edges". Now, I don't like those either! But the brownies I make and am accustomed to don't end up with an edge like that, but just a bit soft and extra chewy edge. Seriously, growing up, EVERYONE fought for those.

Jenn2179 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:39pm
post #14 of 43

I too am a brownie edge lover. Thank goodness DH loves the center of the brownie.

CeeTee Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:06am
post #15 of 43

Crunchy edges, chewy centers, fudge-style, cake-style, iced, plain...if it's a brownie, I love it! There's no such thing as a bad part of a brownie in my book! icon_lol.gif

I was given this pan for Christmas but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. The pan and inserts themselves seem decent enough quality. I'm gonna try a cookie bar recipe I have which is super yummy, but a PITA to slice up.

I do have to say that sometimes those "As Seen On TV" specialty pans can be pretty nice and not crappy at all. I have a Betty Crocker Bake N' Fill set which I -adore-, and that thing has held up and worked out better than some of my other name brand cake pans.

Tiffany29 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 12:10am
post #16 of 43

I'm an edge lover too! But, I wouldn't buy that pan. My son is tyring to convince me that I need it. I made brownies last night and he said "Are YOUR brownies square?" He's one of those who think if they show it on tv it has to be good!

sugarspice Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 1:14am
post #17 of 43

I have since read a tip- to line the pan with parcement paper and then slide the whole works out of the pan to slice. I will try that!! I have a heck of a time when I use a mix-they are so super gooey they roll up, rather then come out in a bar. BUT..I didn't grease the pan either, thought it would make them worse!

SueW Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:23am
post #18 of 43

My kids are begging me to buy that pan icon_biggrin.gif Anyone know if it is available in stores or you have to order on line? Thanks!

kimblyd Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:52am
post #19 of 43

I bought one at Michaels. Thank goodness I had a coupon or I would be mad at myself.

I don't like the hard edges on brownies and every single one came out with 4 hard edges. And all the brownies do not come out perfectly square, the ones on the corners are still slightly rounded and smaller than the others.

I did like how they came out of the pan, that was cool. If I use it again I am going to try it without the "cutter" insert.

chocolatefan Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 5:14am
post #20 of 43

I actually paid $30 Canadian for my pan. Was really ticked when I saw it in the States for $20! It does make perfectly cut brownies - they look good, but other than that...

Mensch Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 7:10am
post #21 of 43

What a silly piece of crap! (No, I don't own one).

For years I've been lining my brownie pans with parchment and taking the whole brownie out as one piece. I chill it overnight before I take it out. It's more sturdy.

Margieluvstobake Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 8:25am
post #22 of 43

Yep, I do the same thing. Line my pan with parchment paper and wait til they cool before taking them out. It is so much easier to cut them that way.

Mike1394 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 10:38am
post #23 of 43

I bake mine in a 1/2 sheet tray. 12x18 icon_biggrin.gif Use parchment, slide them out, and cut away.

VannaD Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:28pm
post #24 of 43

My dad bought one of those pans, i think at walmart, i know he didnt order it. He says it works pretty good, but its a pain the butt to clean. The brownies I ate from his pan were all chewy, and they didnt all have the crunchy edges, which i love.

Donnagardner Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #25 of 43

I love all brownies equally crunchy or not. icon_smile.gif

CakeDiane Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 7:48pm
post #26 of 43

My daughter asked for this for Christmas--I picked it up at CVS. In fact, she is using it for the first time right now as I type this--I'll let you know how it works...

sadsmile Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 7:48pm
post #27 of 43

I am shocked and agast that anyone would throw away the edges!!! Call the brownie police!!! People if you chop that up and thro it into your ice cream=heaven on a spoon!

SueW Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:45am
post #28 of 43

I finally found one today at target and got it for my kids. We used it tonight and I have to say we loved it! The brownies on the edge of the pan were crispier but the ones in the middle were nice and chewy icon_smile.gif My kids put sprinkles, m &m's and all sorts of goodies on top. They all popped right out of the pan, nothing stuck. I have to say the only pain was cleaning the pan as someone said but I saw later in the night when the commercial came on againit says its dishwasher safe so I'll do that next time. For 20$ I think it was worth it thumbs_up.gif

tatechloeandlucysmom Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:57am
post #29 of 43

My sweet little munchkins agreed that what I needed for Christmas was the Brownie Cutter thingy. I think this was referred to here, and is different from the one with hard edges. I have had the crud and 4 houseguests so as soon as I can, I get to dive into my magic line pans for my birthday and my kiddo brownie pan! I'm really excited! One bummer... I was kind of pumped about the cheapo little stencils that came w/ the brownie pan.... hubby put the whole shebang in the oven trying to get it out of the way for a bit (again, 4 houseguests) -my mom turned on the oven to heat something up and melted my stencils. icon_sad.gif Oh well! Such is life. My 7 year old, Tate thinks we may not be able to continue living much longer if we don't get the giant cupcake mold soon! Any thoughts there? icon_smile.gif

andpotts Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 4:05am
post #30 of 43

I have a special place in my heart for As Seen on TV stuff icon_smile.gif I do not have this pan though, I'm glad it's working for those of you that have tried it. I too use the parchment paper trick (I should have stock in that stuff) Here are instructions if anyone doesn't know what I'm talking about;

(scroll to bottom)

When I do want to make my brownies different I use this pan, so cute and you get perfect little candy bar shaped brownies, soft gooey with a perfect little chewy edge. (I can't believe there are edge haters out there, lol)

Quote by @%username% on %date%