Celeberity Wedding Cakes....

Decorating By aundrea Updated 12 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm by CakeDesigns

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 3:49pm
post #1 of 7

i love when celeberity wedding cakes are posted in magazines and websites. i cant wait to look at their cakes.
just this week i saw a pic of one of the jonas brothers ? not sure who because soooo not into the boy bands -
anyways, the cake was stunning! and i noticed there was alot of crystals on the cake, i mean ALOT!!!
it got me thinking....i wonder if at these big weddings when the cakes are so over decorated, if the cake is for show, meaning covered dummy cakes and the guests are served from sheet cakes?
i think this particular cake was 7 layers. i did notice a pic of bride and groom sharing a piece of cake standing next to the cake.
just wondering if anyone knows? why i want to know????? curiousity i guess.

6 replies
_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:09pm
post #2 of 7

I really doubt there were was sheetcake at a high profile ceremony such as that. They probably budgeted for a crystal plucker before the cake was served.

aundrea Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 7

omg....a crystal plucker! would never in a million years thought of that.
the cake im referring to was stunning! the edges so sharp and clean honestly it looked like covered dummies.
to have that kind of talent!!!

_Jamie_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:22pm
post #4 of 7

You can too! Invest in some Sugarshack DVDs, give ganache instead of buttercream a shot, and you too can have the same results. It takes some practice, but I got there eventually!

aundrea Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:39pm
post #5 of 7

-chuckling- i have many of sugar shacks dvd's. and have tried gnache under fondant (love that!)-i have to practice, practice, practice!

_Jamie_ Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 7

Ah...there ya go. You're on your way.

CakeDesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDesigns Posted 12 Jan 2010 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 7

Do we know who made the Kevin Jonas wedding cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%