Loving This Site!!! Introduction

Decorating By tjwolf1 Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 1:32am by poohsmomma

tjwolf1 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:14am
post #1 of 21

I would just like to introduce myself- my name is Jodi. I am from Kansas and the proud, protective mother of a 1 year old. I also have several animals and have a rather demanding job, and then there is my husband. Wonderful man... but still a man icon_wink.gif.

I have often thought of getting into "cakes", but have finally taken the initiative to do so. I decorated my first cake for my portfolio for my son's first birthday. I have already learned so much from this site and I know I have just scratched this site's surface. I must say this site is quite impressive. I hope to have a successful side gig, and perhaps more in the future.

I look forward to the many, many hours I will spend on this site.

BTW- Happy New Year!!!

20 replies
Mensch Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 9:16am
post #2 of 21

welcome home!

FleurDeCake Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 10:17am
post #3 of 21

Welcome Jodi.. I too am new to the cake world.. Only been decorating for a year now . Shortly after I began I happened upon CC and I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful learning tool it has been for me. And the Icing on the cake (pun most definately intended) ,hasbeen that I have been guided and encouraged and uplifted through my most difficult challenges one of which being my daughter's and my first wedding cake . so come on in and enjoy your visits and never hesitate to ask or vent .....we are all here for each other and it is a wonderful world ... Happy New Year.Mimi

cakesdivine Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:07pm
post #4 of 21

Welcome aboard!

JGMB Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:20pm
post #5 of 21

Welcome, Jodi! Joining CC is a great way to start the New Year!

Lita829 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 21

Welcome and Happy New Year! You'll love this site! Its full of inspiration, talent, support, and good people.

alene Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:51pm
post #7 of 21

Welcome Jodi! As you probably have already figured out, this site is highly addictive! If I'm not baking/decorating a cake, I'm on here reading all the information that I can. So very much to learn but loving every minute of it! ......alene

tatorchip Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:55pm
post #8 of 21

Welcome Jodi, Happy New Year

JenniferMI Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 3:25pm
post #9 of 21

Welcome to CC Jodi!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

kelleym Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 3:36pm
post #10 of 21

Welcome, Jodi! icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 3:46pm
post #11 of 21

Welcome to CC..You're gonna love it here!!

MORSELSBYMARK Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 3:55pm
post #12 of 21

Welcome Jodi! You ar sure to become as addicted to CC as the rest of us icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:03pm
post #13 of 21

Welcome Jodi! And you are right, this is the best site for all things cake! I had been making cakes for about 25 years when I found this site. At that point, I was pretty full of myself and thought I knew pretty much all there was about caking.

I came across the FBCT article, which led me to CC, and I discovered that I didn't know ANYTHING about cakes, compared to the folks on here! icon_redface.gif I"ve learned more since joining CC than I did in 25 years of hands on caking.

Be prepared for the addiction that WILL hook you! thumbs_up.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:08pm
post #14 of 21

Happy New Year and Welcome to C.C. birthday.gif

Mike1394 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:50pm
post #15 of 21

Welcome, I'll let the "Man" remark slide for now icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck

anotherslice Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:17pm
post #16 of 21

Happy New Year! Welcome to CC!

Kims_cakes Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:29pm
post #17 of 21

Welcome! You will find, as many have stated, you will spend way too much time on this site. But it is well worth it.

FleurDeCake Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 11:13pm
post #18 of 21

Awe go ahead Mike 1394 , make "the man remark" I so get a kick out of reading them .... youare a fummy man... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

luvmysmoother Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 10:14pm
post #19 of 21

Welcome to this extremely addictive and informative siteicon_smile.gif I too have only been seriously baking cakes for a year but would NEVER have improved the slightest bit without the help, creative ideas, and information on this siteicon_smile.gif

tanyascakes Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 10:43pm
post #20 of 21

Welcome to CC, Jodi! You have come upon the most informative, kind, generous, caring and awesomely talented group of people in the cake world! This site will keep you going just when you are ready to give up! There are so many tips and tricks that you never would have thought of. These people will help you push yourself beyond your wildest dreams! I am thankful every day to Heath and Jackie for creating this site! It is my favorite safe place to fall!
BTW, Jodi, I am in Kansas, too!

poohsmomma Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:32am
post #21 of 21

What a way to start a new decade-with a new hobby/addiction! Welcome to CC. You're among friends.

Quote by @%username% on %date%