Wii Remotes Won't Sync

Lounge By margaretb Updated 3 Jan 2010 , 7:21pm by sadsmile

margaretb Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:00am
post #1 of 7

We got a WII this summer. We got 4 remotes, but only one of them will sync. All of them were working before, but I hadn't used the wii for quite a while (as in a month or or two since I last tried it), and when I tried to set up a game with 2 players, I could not get a second remote working. The kids said that they have been like that for "a while". I looked online and tried changing batteries; resyncking individual remote; unplugging wii-pushing synch for 15 seconds--resyncing all of the remotes (I tried this three times, and the last time, I almost couldn't get the one working remote synced again!!!). So does anyone know any other secrets to getting them to sync? When I push power, the blue lights flash, but just as it is about to settle down to onelight, the light goes out. Same thing happened when trying to sync. And short of a miracle, I don't think I will be able to find the receipts any time soon to see if there is any warranty left on them.

Thanks,
Margaret

6 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:21am
post #2 of 7

So I just asked my DH & DS and here is their answer:

There is a little panel on the front of the Wii, flip it open, there is a red button, that says sync on it, take the Wii remote and remove the battery cover, there is a little red button on the bottom where the batteries are, press both red buttons at the same time,wait a little while. If that doesn't work do it again, but hold the red buttons down a little bit longer. DS also said just keep on doing that until they turn on. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

HTH icon_smile.gif

margaretb Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:47pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks, I'll try it again a few times. I guess I could also call Nintendo, since if I ever DID find the receipts, they should still be on warranty.

Margaret

LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 7

Well I hope it works. We all LOVE playing the Wii. It's just a great game system they came out with for the family.

margaretb Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 7

It did work. One of them I just had to try a few times. I think I wasn't pressing the buttons at the same time -- I was pressing the remote one, then the console one. Anyway, one worked, and the other one didn't work until I changed the batteries. I had tried two sets of new-unused batteries and it wouldn't work, but then I tried a set of new-from-unopened-package batteries and it worked first try. We had another remote that was missing, but the kids found that one too, so it was super!

LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 10:48pm
post #6 of 7

Yeahhhhh!!! Glad it worked out. icon_smile.gif

sadsmile Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 7

Yay! My kids actually put back the old batteries so you don't know if they are used up or new ones in the package-so frustrating! LOL I am glad to learn of the little red buttons. There is an easier way just before you play a game on one screen that when you chose it it re-sync the remotes so you don't have to hold the buttons down on each remote one at a time. But I have to make her show me where that was. I have no clue, but she was excited because it was o much easier then doing the remotes one at a time with the buttons.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%