Airbrush Question - Need Advice!

Decorating By NYCGiGi Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 9:38pm by sleeper713

NYCGiGi Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I am sure there are already threads about this topic, so please feel free to just direct me in the right way (when I did a search, about a million things came up, so I'm sure this has been asked before). I am ready to purchase an airbrush - I have used them before, just never had my own. I'm wondering what advice people have on brands/ect that are out there. I would REALLY appreciate any help!

Happy New Year!

4 replies
sleeper713 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:49pm
post #2 of 5

Can't give you much advice on what brand, but let me say this... you REALLY need an airbrush cabinet, or cardboard barriers, or something to keep the mist from getting all over EVERYTHING in your space while you're airbrushing. Stupid me, I just went on with it and created a horrible fog before I realized it. I was just so excited to try my new airbrush out that I wasn't paying attention to the mess I was making. Funny thing though, the color was bright blue and I expected that anything it landed on would be also. Turns out, you don't see the color until it gets damp.

MrCake01 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 5

I have attached the link to the one I bought from It comes with everything you need to get started even colors. My suggestion on a setup so you want get it everywhere is to get a ½ inch piece of treated plywood and paint some sort of vanish and attached your compressor to it. That way you can pick it up and carry it outside and it will store in the top of a closet.

Good luck,

NYCGiGi Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for that link - that was one of them that I looked at.

Any other thoughts anybody???

sleeper713 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:38pm
post #5 of 5

I am going to try to include a link to TCP Global, where I bought mine. I got the 4th one down on the page, the Standard Professional Airbrush Kit. So far, I love it. Very easy to use. It doesn't come with any instructions, but it's pretty self-explanatory.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%