Please Help Find Cake And Site

Decorating By cloetzu Updated 1 Jan 2010 , 5:17pm by cloetzu

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 9

Hello,

A while back there was a cake on here that had fondant decorations of dora and diego. The lady that posted the cake also had a link to her blog or web site and showed how she made the fondant images - basically started with an image that she printed and then used it as a guide to cut out the fondant/gumpaste - then added a bit of extra fondant 'under' the image for added dimension.

Can anyone help me find that instructions/site? I've looked and looked but can't find it again ;(

Thanks!

8 replies
Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 9

Buggars! I think I know which ones you are talking about, but I can't find any of them either. I guess that means she didn't put the character name in the title or description, but if so, I don't know how to search for them.

- Leisel

Sagebrush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sagebrush Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 9

I also tried looking through the photos in the Children's Cakes gallery, but it doesn't look like it was tagged for that, either.

- Leisel

cloetzu Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 9

thanks for trying... I've been looking for about 2 hrs now ;(

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 9

there's someone else on here that does them too.....might be the same person, not sure.....she has a Tom and Jerry cake that was done like the Dora one.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-618592-previous.html

cloetzu Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:18pm
post #7 of 9

I just found it! Turns out she had posted her spiderman cake here (not dora) and after seeing it I checked out her web site which had the tutorial: http://www.fun-lovingcakes.com/spanish/photo_gallery/tu01.htm

thanks for all the help!

KHalstead Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 9

weird......lol.............I saw a dora and a diego (different cakes) cake by Beeboos and she did a little tutorial somewhere about how to do the characters too. when I saw your post that's what I was thinking of! lol

How funny!

cloetzu Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:17pm
post #9 of 9

Yah I think there are a few tutorials like this out there... I went to Beeboos site but didn't see any tutorials... if you find them please let me know - I'd be interested in seeing them icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%