It's New Years Resolution Time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lounge By auntmamie Updated 7 Jan 2010 , 8:16pm by mightydragon663

auntmamie Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 12:40pm
post #1 of 18

Ok, here we go. What are everyone's resolutions for this year?

Mine are (in no particular order):

To be happy every day
To lose weight (how many years have I been saying that one)
To run in the Komen 5K for my mom (which will help with the weight loss icon_biggrin.gif )
To finally enjoy making cakes
To keep my checkbook balanced
To make more friends

Who says you have to stick to just one resolution????

17 replies
cheeseball Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 18

We're moving soon, so I'm resolving to use the opportunity to really get (and stay icon_wink.gif)organized. I heard someone say she was resolving to give up chocolate. Why in the world would you even make that kind of resolution? icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:43pm
post #3 of 18

To be a better wife and mother (same one every year - always room for improvement.)
To keep working out and tone up more.
Improve in my pastry skills and take some more classes.
Quit being a nervous and start teaching culinary like I've been asked to.
Save up more $ to be able to take a family vacation.

ShelleyMJ Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 18

Mine are..

To be a better wife, mother, grandmother, christian (No particular order)
To make new friends as often as I get a chance
To loose weight (I'm already working on it)

Happy New Year!

tatorchip Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 12:11am
post #5 of 18

Here is mine

To start cooking at least 3 times a week for dh when he is home
To try harder with my cakes and cookies
To try and drive more

Happy New Year everyone

Adevag Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 12:25am
post #6 of 18

The new year is always a good inspiration for a fresh start. I always start by doing doctor visits to have all that taken care of. I think this year all I need to do is to have my moles checked.
As far as with caking and baking my plan is to test bake and get my "final recipes" for the cake flavors and fillings I would like to make (hoping for a future small part time business) and also buying a scale and convert all my recipes from volumes to weight (well at least dry ingredients).
My parenting goals are to keep my same parenting methods I am using but to step it up a little because I am noticing some behaviors in my children that I am not happy with.
I have stopped thinking of my weight I just try to stay healthy and hopefully my extra weight will come off with time. icon_smile.gif

indydebi Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 12:38am
post #7 of 18

I resolve not to make any new resolutions since I always break them anyway.

(See? Broke it already!) icon_lol.gif

Lita829 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 18

Mine are....

To practice cake decorating more often
To continue keeping fit
To continue to smile in the face of adversity
To trust again and open my heart to the possibility of new friendships and...

To live like I am going to die tomorrow but learn like I am going to live forever.

mrspriss0912 Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:40pm
post #9 of 18

To be a better person
To stand up for myself more
Make lots of cakes
To be a Better wife and mother

Ashlynn Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:32pm
post #10 of 18

In no particular order.....

To Take More Cake classes
Save More$$ (this is always a toughy)
Start working out and eating better
Be a better daughter, friend and girlfriend (in no particular order)
Keep working on the Wing Walking and my pilots License
The list could go on and on

sweetsbycheryl Posted 5 Jan 2010 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 18

I've already met my resolution for this year- it was my goal to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday (next week). I lost 42, but still working on it. Want to lose about 10 more before March (bike week in Daytona). My other goals for this year:
Go back to college- start on the 12th
take a bellydancing class- starts on the 13th
Save more money (toughie- Single mom)
Spend more time with my daughter and family.
I have also been blessed in the last two months with a wonderful new man in my life- he's amazing!! So all in all, the New Year is looking great so far!! thumbs_up.gif

-Tubbs Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 2:58pm
post #12 of 18

A number of years ago, I resolved not to make any more resolutions, since I always felt crappy when I broke them (they tended to revolve around body image issues icon_biggrin.gif ) Since then I haven't made them, and just make a general through-the-year attempt at things which seem important as I go!

HOWEVER!!! I just broke the veneer off one of my front teeth opening a packet of tea, and after spending an uncomfortable hour in the dentist's chair, I decided to make a single, late resolution: I will not use my teeth as tools! (which is already harder than I thought it would be)

LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 5:39pm
post #13 of 18

Tubbs you are hilariously crazy!

I've never done a New Year's Resolution before, but this time I am.
First, to lose 20 lbs. O.M.G. I can't believe I've made a weight lost one, BUT I am at my biggest in my life...and I've NEVER been big in my entire life. So this is new to me and I'm very uncomfortable in my "new" body. Of course, I'm totally unwilling to change my eating habits! icon_wink.gif

Second, redo my cake dummies and be much more adamant about taking pics. of cakes. I have a new camera, so wish me luck! Heck, I might even set up a flicker account. icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 7:11pm
post #14 of 18

http://longevity.about.com/od/makeachange/p/smartgoal.htm

Have any of y'all seen the above site? I think sitting down with the SMART goals really make you sit back and think about what you want to change.

I've made resolutions before and tend to forget about them. We all do. Generally because you feel like okay so it's Jan 1st a new year and it is time to make changes in my life. I bet the sells of weight lose stuff and quit smoking items soar in January, then taper off into the year as people realise they weren't ready for it, didn't really want to or just said they would because it is expected.

Maybe we should skip new years resolution and go for because I want to resolutions.

That said this year I am changing my weight. I already started on it towards the end of last year and am detiremined this will be my year. I have a few other things I want to get done this year as well. Hopefully they all will happen. icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 2:56am
post #15 of 18

I've decided to take a different approach to resolutions this year, instead of making ones that I can never keep I'm making some that I can cram into one afternoon and be done with them.

-To actually roll the window in the car down when I yell at stupid drivers, leaving the window up is not having the effect I want it to.

-Just once I want to block the entire aisle in the grocery store with my cart and stand in everyones way while I read the ingredients on a box of Bisquick, just to see if it's really that necessary.

-Text and drive, just to see how many people I can run off the road without knowing it. This would of course require a passenger to keep track of the near wrecks, I will be to busy LOL'ing it to pay attention myself.

LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:02am
post #16 of 18

I encourage and applaud you in your endeavors. thumbs_up.gif

-Tubbs Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 3:16am
post #17 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

I've decided to take a different approach to resolutions this year, instead of making ones that I can never keep I'm making some that I can cram into one afternoon and be done with them.

-To actually roll the window in the car down when I yell at stupid drivers, leaving the window up is not having the effect I want it to.

-Just once I want to block the entire aisle in the grocery store with my cart and stand in everyones way while I read the ingredients on a box of Bisquick, just to see if it's really that necessary.

-Text and drive, just to see how many people I can run off the road without knowing it. This would of course require a passenger to keep track of the near wrecks, I will be to busy LOL'ing it to pay attention myself.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Love it.
(* sing-song voice* ) Has some-one had a bad da-ay?!

mightydragon663 Posted 7 Jan 2010 , 8:16pm
post #18 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

ROFLOL!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

I've never been one to make resolutions, but I could stand to watch less TV. It's pretty easy for me to turn into a slug, especially when it is cold and dark outside.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%