Epson Nx400 Recognizing Kopykake Cartridges?? Help!

Decorating By Sandylee05 Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 11:41am by icingimages

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 5:30am
post #1 of 13

Help! I forgot how to get the Epson NX400 printer to recognize the kopykake cartridges. After I inserted the cartridges, I just get a message. How do I bypass this message and get the printer to work?

Thank you!!!! icon_cry.gif

12 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 4:21am
post #2 of 13

email [email protected], he should answer you even during this holiday, he may be able to help you. His CC name is ediblesupply. He works with epsons

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 13

I've had that happen when I've refilled my KopyKake cartridges before GRRRRRRR!!!!!! I know how frustrated you are. I've used a small thin needle and pierced that little button on top of the cartridges and had that work and then had it not help. I hope someone can give you a sure fire fix I can't wait to change systems I have the NX200 Epson. I'm hoping I'll be able to get that system from icingimages for my birthday. I've been very impressed with icingimages customer service.

icingimages Posted 1 Jan 2010 , 5:52pm
post #4 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdebssweetsj

I've had that happen when I've refilled my KopyKake cartridges before GRRRRRRR!!!!!! I know how frustrated you are. I've used a small thin needle and pierced that little button on top of the cartridges and had that work and then had it not help. I hope someone can give you a sure fire fix I can't wait to change systems I have the NX200 Epson. I'm hoping I'll be able to get that system from icingimages for my birthday. I've been very impressed with icingimages customer service.

Thank you so much for your kind words! You dont have too long to wait for your birthday. If someone orders from you, make sure they mention you came from CC. We try to give extra items to CC people when we can!

globalgatherings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
globalgatherings Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 2:25am
post #5 of 13

Mine has been sitting on the counter for over a year. Never did use it, Had so much trouble trying to get it to recognize the yellow cartridge, then once it did, it wouldn't recognize the other ones. What a waste of money. I've come so close to just throwing it in the garbage, but then I see everyone elses edible image cookies and how cool they look and I think maybe someday I'll get it to work!!!! It's soooo frustrating

icingimages Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 3:05am
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgatherings

Mine has been sitting on the counter for over a year. Never did use it, Had so much trouble trying to get it to recognize the yellow cartridge, then once it did, it wouldn't recognize the other ones. What a waste of money. I've come so close to just throwing it in the garbage, but then I see everyone elses edible image cookies and how cool they look and I think maybe someday I'll get it to work!!!! It's soooo frustrating

Which printer do you have? Maybe I could help

globalgatherings Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:14am
post #7 of 13

Hi icing, it's the Epson NX400, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Kelly

sarahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahd Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:37am
post #8 of 13

For some reason with the Epson printers the little chips on the front of the cartridges can get messed up and burn out. There is a chip re-setter that you can buy but I had a hard time with it at first. It can burn out the chip if not used correctly. I apparently did not do that the first time I used it and burned up three chips. icon_mad.gif If you still have the original ink cartridges they have chips on the front. You can take them off and place them on the cartridge you are using and that may help. I have also been in a pinch and had to purchase the regular ink cartridges just to get those chips. Hopefully, I can get the system from icingimages soon. The Epson printer has worked well for me but it can be a pain.

globalgatherings Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:56am
post #9 of 13

Thanx for the info sarah

icingimages Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 2:38pm
post #10 of 13

Hi global, I am afraid if it has sat for a year, beyond the chip, you may have major clog issues and it may not work at all even if you get the chips reset. Ediblesupply, may have some info for you. He knows a lot about the epsons. I will email him and tell him to get on to see if he can help.

globalgatherings Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:33am
post #11 of 13

Thanx icing thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:43am
post #12 of 13

I have emailed him, hopefully he will jump online tonite

icingimages Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 11:41am
post #13 of 13

You can email him direct with your question at [email protected]. My guess is he will have the answer for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%