If You Are Looking For An Impulse Sealer With Cutter

Baking By cookiemookie Updated 4 Jan 2010 , 4:44am by newmansmom2004

cookiemookie Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 12

This is a really good deal!

http://www.restockit.com/8-Impulse-Sealer-With-Cutter-(SPBCicon_cool.gif.html

Mine arrived today and I love it!

I'm set now! This is heavy duty at a great price.

Rose(cookiemookie)

11 replies
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 8:41pm
post #2 of 12

Thanks for the link, Rose. I've looked at these in the past but haven't yet bought one. I was thinking I'd like to use it to package cookies for special events. What do you use it for?

TracyLH Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks, Rose! That looks really cool! thumbs_up.gif I see they are talking about poly bags. Have you tried it with cello? I am guessing as much, but thought I would ask. Thanks for sharing!

newmansmom2004 Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Thanks, Rose! That looks really cool! thumbs_up.gif I see they are talking about poly bags. Have you tried it with cello? I am guessing as much, but thought I would ask. Thanks for sharing!

I, too, was thinking of cello bags instead of poly. I'd like to know what you think of both types of bags once you've had a chance to play around with the sealer.

cookiemookie Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 8:43am
post #5 of 12

I haven't played with it yet(I've been too sick) but my Dh has.

I only use the crunchy type cello bags so that is all I have on hand here.

It worked great, we just have to figure out what heat setting gives consistent results and just how tight I want the seal to be. He started low and got a great seal that was fairly easy to get apart without needing scissors.

That was pretty much the type of seal I got with my Foodsaver.

I'll be playing with it soon cause I'm finally getting better!

newmansmom2004 Posted 2 Jan 2010 , 4:53pm
post #6 of 12

Get better soon, Cookie!

TracyLH Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 1:48am
post #7 of 12

Feel better soon, Rose! I popped into our local cake store and played with hers with a cello bag. It worked really well and it is a matter of how you adjust the heat as for whether it will cut all the way through and do a seal or just do a seal, leaving excess above. I may have to retire my hair straightener. (Never fear, it was only used for bags. icon_lol.gif )

Tug Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 2:03am
post #8 of 12

I use my food vacumm sealer and it works like a charm!

newmansmom2004 Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:10am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug

I use my food vacumm sealer and it works like a charm!

What thickness of bag do you use with your food sealer? I have one but never thought about using it because I don't know what other types of bags it will seal without melting them.

cownsj Posted 3 Jan 2010 , 3:34am
post #10 of 12

Boy I wish I had the money for one. I'd be sealing my leftover fondant colors in it for the next time I needed them.

Hope you're feeling better quick so you can play with your new toy.

Tug Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 1:58am
post #11 of 12

newmansmom2004
I have successfully resealed potato chip bags among many other fairly thick bags.
For cookies, I use the cello bags found in any craft store and the sealer works great....you have to trim excess yourself.

newmansmom2004 Posted 4 Jan 2010 , 4:44am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug

newmansmom2004
I have successfully resealed potato chip bags among many other fairly thick bags.
For cookies, I use the cello bags found in any craft store and the sealer works great....you have to trim excess yourself.

Good info - I have some leftover cello bags from Christmas goodies so I think I'll try them this week. Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%