Must-Try Tropical Eggnog Recipe!!!

Lounge By JGMB Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 9:01pm by mkolmar

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

There's been a thread in the Spanish Forum where people are exchanging recipes for Coquito. Wow, is it good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I thought I'd share it with all of the non-Spanish speakers.

Coquito

2 egg yolks, beaten
1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
1 (14-oz.) can cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk)
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup white rum
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract

In the top of a double boiler, combine the egg yolks and evaporated milk. Stirring constantly, cook over lightly simmering water until mixture reaches a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.

Transfer the mixture to a blender and add cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk, rum, water, cloves, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend for about 30 seconds. Pour into a glass container and chill overnight.

Enjoy and Happy New Year!!! party.gif

3 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 4

I speak Sanish great, read, ok, so this was really considerate of you. Sounds really good. Will try for New Year's. Thanks! party.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 4

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just got it cooled and it's delicious!!!! It is definetly a tropical egg nog. icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for posting this. I hate to even say how rusty my Spanish is so having it in English is helpful. I can't wait to make it for my DH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%