Must-Try Tropical Eggnog Recipe!!!

Lounge By JGMB Updated 31 Dec 2009 , 9:01pm by mkolmar

JGMB Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:43pm
post #1 of 4

Hi All,

There's been a thread in the Spanish Forum where people are exchanging recipes for Coquito. Wow, is it good stuff!!!!!!!!!!!! So, I thought I'd share it with all of the non-Spanish speakers.

2 egg yolks, beaten
1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
1 (14-oz.) can cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk)
1 (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup white rum
1/2 cup water
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract

In the top of a double boiler, combine the egg yolks and evaporated milk. Stirring constantly, cook over lightly simmering water until mixture reaches a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.

Transfer the mixture to a blender and add cream of coconut, sweetened condensed milk, rum, water, cloves, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend for about 30 seconds. Pour into a glass container and chill overnight.

Enjoy and Happy New Year!!! party.gif

3 replies
LaBellaFlor Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 4

I speak Sanish great, read, ok, so this was really considerate of you. Sounds really good. Will try for New Year's. Thanks! party.gif

LaBellaFlor Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 4

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, just got it cooled and it's delicious!!!! It is definetly a tropical egg nog. icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Posted 31 Dec 2009 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for posting this. I hate to even say how rusty my Spanish is so having it in English is helpful. I can't wait to make it for my DH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%