Key Words...vent, Of Sorts

Decorating By all4cake Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 7:23pm by DianeLM

all4cake Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:45pm
post #1 of 8

When uploading an image on CC, for the most part, it's done to share the creation. Please, consider adding key words so that your image comes up in a search.

If your Anniversary Cake had lace points, scrolling, stencil, gold loopy bow on top, roses, baby's breath....list them may have been just one thing that someone remembers about it and now, because its' only key words are Anniversary cake, it will only be found after hours and hours and hours of searching or pleading with the CC community to find someone who may have saved it to their favorites.

Use key words...lots of 'em...pleeeeeeeeease!

7 replies
greengyrl26 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 8

I agree! I have the hardest time searching for an image, when I know it's here somewhere! I always try to use as many keywords as I can think of when posting pics. I think people just get in a hurry to get their pic posted, and forget to do this. I would also like to see more descriptions with the photo. Instead of posting a gorgeous pic and saying nothing, how about telling us how you did it? Or what you learned from it? That is always appreciated!

indydebi Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 8

another good hint is derivatives of the many spellings, such as list "M&M, M & M" ..... "Coke, Coca Cola" ...... "Mickey, Micky, MIckey Mouse, disney" .....

I also never assume the category will get a person there. If tho' I put the picture of the round wedding cake in the "Round Wedding Cakes" category, I also list as keywords "Round wedding".

I don't think we really learn this until we try to search for a cake or cake ideas (ask me how I know that! icon_redface.gif )

Folks, try searching for a specific cake of yours and see if it comes up based on the key words you entered. It could be an enlightening exercise! thumbs_up.gif That's how I figured out the "M&M" thing!

all4cake Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 8

Good point! Going with the Round Wedding thing...sometimes, it fits in multiple, it may have been for someone's birthday but it could also be for a wedding so if it's put into the birthday cake can also be put into the key word could be inspirational to someone who searches "wedding" but might not have otherwise come upon your design had you not put 'wedding' in your list of key words.

I know what you mean about the M&M thing.

luddroth Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:16pm
post #5 of 8

Yeah, my "rockclimbing" cake didn't come up when I searched "rock climbing". Now I know.

all4cake Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:50pm
post #6 of 8

check how many cakes come up when "scroll work" is searched as opposed to "scrollwork", think of how many you ain't seeing 'cause no key words were used....

2SchnauzerLady Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 6:06pm
post #7 of 8

Guilty as charged! I think I better go back and add keywords to my cakes!

DianeLM Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 7:23pm
post #8 of 8

This may have been fixed, I don't know... but, in past experience, the categories in which you can upload a picture are not all the same as the categories you can search within.

For example, a while back, I uploaded a cake to the "Mardi Gras" folder, but when I went to search for Mardi Gras cakes, there was no such folder listed in the Galleries tab. It's there now, so that's why I think this glitch may have been fixed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%