Another Newbie From Down Under...

Decorating By Mrs-A Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 12:00pm by JanH

Mrs-A Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 8:44am
post #1 of 9

hi everyone. saying hello as for christmas i finally got that beginners cake decorating course that ive been talking about all year (thanks hubby) and im super excited that it starts in about 3 weeks

i know how to bake a cake but except for slapping on alot of chocolate icing ive never decorated before so ive been looking at the gallery here and just in awe of your talent.... i hope not to embarrass myself too much

8 replies
sheena Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:45am
post #2 of 9

Compliments of the season to you ! I'm sure you'll enjoy decorating and will grow to be fabuluous at it too...i can imagine how excited you must be. good luck and happy baking and decorating icon_smile.gif

kiwigal81 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:46am
post #3 of 9

That's coolicon_smile.gif I'm a newbie too and have spent the money I got at Christmas on cake stuff. I hope you love the lessons. Doesn't the gallery just make you want to make cake? I'm quite obsessed with pic of cake. Are you from Oz?
Keep us updatedicon_smile.gif

kiwigal81 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:47am
post #4 of 9

I'm from across the ditch. Do you have a 'kit' class, or a real, live, in person class?

Elise87 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:54am
post #5 of 9

Welcome to CC from a fellow auzzie thumbs_up.gif

Have lots of fun and you'll be surprise at how much you learn in such a short amount of time here on CC! icon_biggrin.gif ...and of course your cake course!

Mrs-A Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:59am
post #6 of 9

thanks and yes, born and bred sydney gal.

and the course im attending is for 8 weeks with a real live person and i think there is only 8 people per class (already fully booked) so im looking forward to it. the course covers the basics plus filler flower and piping/embroidery

my course also includes a beginners kit but dont know whats in it yet as i get that at class #1

Bluehue Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 10:43am
post #7 of 9

Welcome aboard Mrs-A
You are at the right forum to learn all there is about *cake* - and cookies

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.. icon_smile.gif

On the West Coast of Oz.

LateBloomer Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 11:48am
post #8 of 9

I would aslo like to add my welcome. You so lucky to have found 'cake heaven' (CC) so soon. I am an absolute addict and have learnt such a great deal here, from the pictures and especially the forums. I,m sure we will be seeing your pictures soon. Good luck.

JanH Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:00pm
post #9 of 9

Hi and Welcome to CC, Mrs-A. icon_smile.gif

Here's some useful and interesting info on differences in baking/cooking/measuring:
(With conversion charts.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%