Another Newbie From Down Under...

Decorating By Mrs-A Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 12:00pm by JanH

Mrs-A  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 8:44am
post #1 of 9

hi everyone. saying hello as for christmas i finally got that beginners cake decorating course that ive been talking about all year (thanks hubby) and im super excited that it starts in about 3 weeks

i know how to bake a cake but except for slapping on alot of chocolate icing ive never decorated before so ive been looking at the gallery here and just in awe of your talent.... i hope not to embarrass myself too much

cheers

8 replies
 sheena  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheena Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:45am
post #2 of 9

Compliments of the season to you ! I'm sure you'll enjoy decorating and will grow to be fabuluous at it too...i can imagine how excited you must be. good luck and happy baking and decorating icon_smile.gif

kiwigal81  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:46am
post #3 of 9

That's coolicon_smile.gif I'm a newbie too and have spent the money I got at Christmas on cake stuff. I hope you love the lessons. Doesn't the gallery just make you want to make cake? I'm quite obsessed with pic of cake. Are you from Oz?
Keep us updatedicon_smile.gif

kiwigal81  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:47am
post #4 of 9

I'm from across the ditch. Do you have a 'kit' class, or a real, live, in person class?

Elise87  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:54am
post #5 of 9

Welcome to CC from a fellow auzzie thumbs_up.gif

Have lots of fun and you'll be surprise at how much you learn in such a short amount of time here on CC! icon_biggrin.gif ...and of course your cake course!

Mrs-A  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 9:59am
post #6 of 9

thanks and yes, born and bred sydney gal.

and the course im attending is for 8 weeks with a real live person and i think there is only 8 people per class (already fully booked) so im looking forward to it. the course covers the basics plus filler flower and piping/embroidery

my course also includes a beginners kit but dont know whats in it yet as i get that at class #1

icon_smile.gif

Bluehue  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 10:43am
post #7 of 9

Welcome aboard Mrs-A
You are at the right forum to learn all there is about *cake* - and cookies

Look forward to seeing you around the forum.. icon_smile.gif

Bluehue
On the West Coast of Oz.

LateBloomer  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LateBloomer Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 11:48am
post #8 of 9

I would aslo like to add my welcome. You so lucky to have found 'cake heaven' (CC) so soon. I am an absolute addict and have learnt such a great deal here, from the pictures and especially the forums. I,m sure we will be seeing your pictures soon. Good luck.

JanH  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 12:00pm
post #9 of 9

Hi and Welcome to CC, Mrs-A. icon_smile.gif

Here's some useful and interesting info on differences in baking/cooking/measuring:
(With conversion charts.)

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603444-.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-5891925.html#5891925

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%