Post Answered

Decorating By green2stay Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 5:56am by green2stay

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:26am
post #1 of 16

deleted post.

Answered!

icon_smile.gif

Mods, If u can delete thread for me it would be fine. Haven't figured out how to do that.

15 replies
JanH Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:37am
post #2 of 16

..moving out of Business forum. icon_smile.gif

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:46am
post #3 of 16

where did it go? Sorry. I don't know where it belongs.

JanH Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:49am
post #4 of 16

Since you're not a professional, I put your post in the General forum. icon_smile.gif

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:52am
post #5 of 16

found it!

Also wanted to add that the topper was about 18" tall, using 7" crystal pillars on scalloped separator plates for the bottom tier.

The topper is just sitting on top of the cake in both photos because it wasn't to be staked into the cake w/the pegs until it was transported to destination. So, when you see the topper sitting off-kilter in the photos, know that it wasn't set up that way.

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:58am
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Since you're not a professional, I put your post in the General forum. icon_smile.gif

Yes, that reasoning gave me pause as I tried to choose where I should post. However, the professional section is described as for chat regarding "starting" a business and that is why I submitted the inquiry about this photo---to see what pricing range as a professional would bring. My reasoning was if I put it anywhere else people who did not charge would not be able to really give a reply.

dstbni Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:00am
post #7 of 16

How much did it cost you to make? How long did it take you?

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:04am
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstbni

How much did it cost you to make? How long did it take you?

Hi dstbni,

All total, I have around $100 in it and about 18 hours roughly. I wasn't keeping very strict time as I didn't know what I would need until I tried something and it didn't work and then I had to go out again to try to find more materials that would. See, not efficient at all and I didn't want to factor in MY INexperience into the cost. So, if there is a way you can evaluate the kind of time it reasonably should take someone to create this and price accordingly it would be closer to a "true" number.

I worked on the topper off and on in stages over days.

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:26am
post #9 of 16

I want to clarify the $ figured I posted. I have receipts of around $100 I purchased exclusively for this project. Of course there are materials, groceries, supplies leftover. Whatever I bought was something I had to have because I did not have anything already here (someone who bakes/decorates often would have) to use. The $100 refers to what I can tally up from actual receipts of all the items I did purchase to complete this project. Of course some things are now a permanent part of this project and gone forever, while I have remaining materials leftover as well. E.g. Wilton Fanci-foil in gold roll, some gold doilies remaining, 8 out of a 12-pack of pegs to secure separator plate, etc. You understand what I'm describing I'm sure.

Again, if someone could just estimate what a reasonable range for that type cake/personalization/handwork should go for . . .

Mensch Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:32am
post #10 of 16

I can't see the photo properly. The details do not show up.

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:38am
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch

I can't see the photo properly. The details do not show up.

I know. I couldn't size it correctly but you can really only see the inscription in person looking at the photograph anyway.

It said in effect:

Happy 50th Anniversary (you can see it was the 50th [Golden] Anniversary Theme

to (Bride and Groom's Name)

and the date.

Mensch Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:41am
post #12 of 16

I can't see what that thing on the cake is.

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:44am
post #13 of 16

Maybe I'll try to resize. Is that why no $ amount replies, b/c it's not visible? or is it something else? (that I clearly don't know about) icon_sad.gif

I thought the description would allow those w/ experience in pricing to give a rough estimate. I just wanted to show a bit of the topper detail cuz that was what took so much time & materials.

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:45am
post #14 of 16
Quote:

I can't see what that thing on the cake is.

that's HILARIOUS!!! icon_lol.gif Maybe there's my ANSWER!!! ROTFL

Mensch Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:49am
post #15 of 16

geez. No need to get snarky here. You don't need to resize anything.

green2stay Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 5:56am
post #16 of 16
Quote:

geez. No need to get snarky here. You don't need to resize anything.

u lost me. sorry for my obtuseness but I'm not sure what you mean. Joking? or did u think I was really being snarky? It's hard to discern b/t sarcasm and humor w/o the facial expressions and voice inflection.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%