Looking For Molds

Decorating By JMSweets Updated 30 Dec 2009 , 4:12pm by MYOM-Dominic

JMSweets Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:43am
post #1 of 7

I am participating in my first cake competition next year and I am looking some molds but cant seem to find what I want. I need camping molds, military molds and face molds that I can use with either fondant or molding clay.

If anyone can point me into the right direction I would appreciate it. The competition is in March and I want to get started now. icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 1:59am
post #2 of 7

Here's some military molds: http://www.firstimpressionsmolds.com/miscellaneous.aspx?page=2

and Face molds: http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=772&s=&name=HOLLY%20PRODUCTS/Holly%20Products%20Molds

I'm at a loss for the camping molds though. Hope that helps give you a start~ icon_biggrin.gif

cakeandpartygirl Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 2:02am
post #3 of 7

I know firstimpressions.com has a few military ones and so does the blocked site from here.

JanH Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:22am
post #4 of 7

..moving to Molds forum. icon_smile.gif

greengyrl26 Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:51am
post #5 of 7

The clay section in Hobby Lobby has some very intricate face molds. Don't remember the brand, but I saw them when I was looking for something else. HTH

ibmoser Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 2:23pm
post #6 of 7

If you can find toys or miniatures of what you want, you can make your own molds to get exactly what you want for sugar or clay. Chef Dominic will be able to guide you through the process if the tutorials on his site don't answer all of your questions.

MYOM-Dominic Posted 30 Dec 2009 , 4:12pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSweets

I am participating in my first cake competition next year and I am looking some molds but cant seem to find what I want. I need camping molds, military molds and face molds that I can use with either fondant or molding clay.

If anyone can point me into the right direction I would appreciate it. The competition is in March and I want to get started now. icon_biggrin.gif

Hi JMSweets - I was in Hobby Lobby over the holidays and found military, camping, fishing and hunting objects in the Christmas ornament section. You need to go to the holiday section and look in the aisle where the hanging ornaments are displayed. There are packages with small ornamental collections with different themes. They are a perfect size for molding and would look great on a cake. If you can't find ready made molds, you can make your own molds over these objects quite easily.

I am here if you need me.

Dominic icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%